|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did O'Connor see in the book "Believe It or Not"?
(a) A rooster who lived with no head.
(b) A cat who nursed a hen.
(c) A chicken that mated with a turkey.
(d) A woman who owned 900 chickens.
2. How much was a pair of peafowl that O'Connor saw in the paper?
3. What volunteer fire department was Mr. Montgomery a member of?
4. What did the telephone repairman say he thought O'Connor's peacock could outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A bus.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A roadrunner.
5. In what magazine did O'Connor read an editorial challenging her and other writers?
(d) Southern Living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the editorial that challenged American writers say American writers do?
2. What does O'Connor think every writer would like to think of himself as?
3. What does O'Connor say is a word that sounds good in anyone's mouth that no book jacket can do without?
4. What does O'Connor say there are more of in the South than rivers and streams?
5. What possession of O'Connor's mom did the peafowl eat systematically?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)