|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did O'Connor feel like when she heard about The School Southern Degeneracy?
(a) The White Rabbit.
(b) The Velvetine Rabbit.
(c) Peter Rabbit.
(d) Br'er Rabbit.
2. Where was the photographer from who visited O'Connor at her home?
(a) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
3. What did O'Connor say her peafowl would eat?
(c) Cat food.
4. How much was a pair of peafowl that O'Connor saw in the paper?
5. O'Connor's friend told her that a bookstore clerk referred to "The Violent Bear It Away" with what title?
(a) The Bear That Ran Away With It.
(b) The Violets Bear Today.
(c) The Valiant Bloom Always.
(d) The One That Got Away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the telephone repairman, who did O'Connor say is indifferent to the peacock's display?
2. How did the old man respond when his children asked him what O'Connor's peacock was?
3. Where did O'Connor's first set of peafowl come from?
4. How long does it take for a cock's plumage to attain its pattern?
5. O'Connor says belief in what is a hindrance to writers?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)