|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fiction Writer & His Country, Some Aspects of the Grotesque in Southern Fiction and The Regional Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an old woman cry when she finally saw the tail on O'Connor's peacock?
(a) "Praise God!"
(c) "Amen! Amen!"
(d) "God bless America!"
2. How long does it take for a cock's plumage to attain its pattern?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What ailment did Dr. Johnson's housekeeper have?
(a) She was missing a leg.
(b) She was blind.
(c) She was arthritic.
(d) She was deaf.
4. What volunteer fire department was Mr. Montgomery a member of?
5. What possession of O'Connor's mom did the peafowl eat systematically?
(d) Bread loaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Percy Walker win?
2. Where did O'Connor see the ad for her first peafowl?
3. Where was Faulkner at home?
4. What did O'Connor say her peafowl would eat?
5. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)