|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teaching of Literature and Total Effect and the Eighth Grade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people does O'Connor say Southerners can recognize?
2. Which character in fiction is usually disturbing to the reader?
(a) The character who is physically ill.
(b) The poor man.
(c) The freak.
(d) The violent woman.
3. What question did the editorial that challenged O'Connor ask?
(a) Who speaks for women today?
(b) Who speaks for the South today?
(c) Who speaks for America today?
(d) Who speaks for the poor today?
4. Granville Hicks reviewed a novel by whom?
(a) Thomas Shepard.
(b) Samuel Willard.
(c) John Wise.
(d) James Jones.
5. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the subjects called when O'Connor was in high school?
2. O'Connor says that it is not fair to demand that novelists be what kind of novelists at the end of "The Teaching of Literature"?
3. What country did Henry James like better than America?
4. For what work did O'Connor receive the Georgia Writers' Association Scroll?
5. O'Connor knew an English teacher who asked students what the moral is to what novel?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)