|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teaching of Literature and Total Effect and the Eighth Grade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can a peacock live?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What did the telephone repairman say he thought O'Connor's peacock could outrun?
(a) An Oldsmobile.
(b) A cheetah.
(c) A roadrunner.
(d) A bus.
3. What did O'Connor say her peafowl would eat?
(d) Cat food.
4. What author said his aim as a fiction writer is to render the highest possible justice to the visible universe?
5. How many sections does the story "Summer Dust" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
2. What does O'Connor say there are more of in the South than rivers and streams?
3. How many peafowl did O'Connor buy from an ad in a paper?
4. According to O'Connor, what does the fiction writer seem to have a revolting attachment to?
5. Who is generally blamed when literature is not studied the right way?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)