|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Teaching of Literature and Total Effect and the Eighth Grade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Percy Walker win?
(a) Georgia Writers Grant.
(b) National Novelist Award.
(c) National Book Award.
(d) Regional Book Prize.
2. In which novel does O'Connor say all its sentences could be examined with wonder?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) Madame Bovary.
(d) The Pit and the Pendulum.
3. At the beginning of "Total Effect and the Eighth Grade," how many instances does O'Connor mention parents objecting to their child's reading assignments?
4. What does O'Connor say there are more of in the South than rivers and streams?
5. What did one of O'Connor's peafowl lose in the mowing machine?
(a) Its tail.
(b) A foot.
(c) A wing.
(d) An eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did O'Connor's first set of peafowl come from?
2. What family member of O'Connor's reviewed her novel for her high school class?
3. Who does O'Connor believe truly speaks for the country?
4. What is O'Connor's advice for writers who do not want to be regional?
5. What does O'Connor think English teachers can help change?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)