|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Catholic Novelists and Their Readers and The Catholic Novelist in the Protestant South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic author wrote about Catholics who are vulgar, ignorant, and greedy?
(a) Paul Hamilton Hayne,
(b) Henry Timrod.
(c) J. F. Powers.
(d) Walker Percy.
2. Whose pig does not know what bacon is?
(a) Mr. Sosebee.
(b) Mr. Jarrell.
(c) Mr. McRae.
(d) Mr. Harper.
3. How many fundamental truths do Catholic writers live and work in?
4. What type of people does O'Connor say Southerners can recognize?
5. What country did Henry James like better than America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What family member of O'Connor's reviewed her novel for her high school class?
2. What John Hersey novel in O'Connor's examples did parents seem to object to?
3. What did the editorial that challenged American writers say American writers do?
4. Who does O'Connor say South Boston belongs to?
5. Who was Baron von Hugel?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)