|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Catholic Novelists and Their Readers and The Catholic Novelist in the Protestant South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to O'Connor, what do Northern authors consider everything written by Southerners?
2. What does O'Connor think English teachers can help change?
(a) The education systems in third world countries.
(b) The number of college students who have all A's.
(c) The rate of high school drop outs.
(d) The best-seller list.
3. Students from what university created a pamphlet in the 1920s?
4. How many fundamental truths do Catholic writers live and work in?
5. What will always be a Catholic novel's center of meaning?
(a) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said art does not necessitate restrictions?
2. At the beginning of "Total Effect and the Eighth Grade," how many instances does O'Connor mention parents objecting to their child's reading assignments?
3. What Catholic author wrote about Catholics who are vulgar, ignorant, and greedy?
4. Which writer did Henry James say does things in the way that take the most doing?
5. What does O'Connor think every writer would like to think of himself as?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)