|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Catholic Novelists and Their Readers and The Catholic Novelist in the Protestant South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was O'Connor told should be the model of balance for the novelist?
2. Who does O'Connor believe truly speaks for the country?
(d) Advertising agencies.
3. What author said that he writes romances, not novels?
4. What did the editorial that challenged American writers say American writers do?
(a) Write too abstractly, confusing readers.
(b) Write too much like British writers.
(c) Write about being poor.
(d) Write as if everyone in the country is rich.
5. What part of Catholicism does O'Connor say should help a person penetrate realities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Faulkner at home?
2. What does O'Connor say is the ultimate reality?
3. O'Connor is told that some students believe that anything that cannot be done using what is not worth doing?
4. Who is the Dixie Limited?
5. O'Connor says belief in what is a hindrance to writers?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)