|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim go on his only break during the summer?
(a) To collect elder with Antonia and her friends
(b) To visit the Shimerdas
(c) To visit Mr. Shimerda's grave
(d) To visit friends in Virginia
2. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
3. Which of the following is not something Jim notices about Antonia when he goes to visit her in this chapter?
(a) She has color and health in her face.
(b) She looks tired.
(c) She is much thinner.
(d) She is quiet and reserved.
4. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
(a) To dinner
(b) To theatre shows
(c) To Lena's dress shop
(d) On long walks
5. What upsetting news does Antonia learn in a letter from Larry Donovan prior to their marriage?
(a) They must move to Lincoln.
(b) He is in love with another woman.
(c) He is not willing to marry her.
(d) They must move to Denver.
6. Where does Cuzak take his son when they are in the city?
(a) To visit Jim's grandparents
(b) To a theatre show
(c) To the market
(d) To a carnival
7. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
8. Who does Mrs. Harling tell Jim to ask about Antonia's marriage?
(a) Mrs. Steavens
(c) His grandmother
9. What does Jim romanticize at the end of the novel?
(b) The farm land
(c) The city
(d) His past
10. Where has Jim begun studying law and working?
(a) Black Hawk
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York City
11. What does Jim say he and Antonia will always share?
(c) The past
(d) The country
12. Who does Jim see as the inspiration for all poetry?
(a) Small towns
(c) City girls
(d) Country girls
13. What warning does Mrs. Steavens give Ambrosch?
(a) To never speak to her again
(b) To be kind to Antonia's baby
(c) To raise Antonia's baby as his own
(d) To support Antonia
14. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
(a) He is flirtatious and overly friendly.
(b) He is cool and distant.
(c) He complains about his life choices.
(d) He speaks highly of his wife and child.
15. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(a) He has no intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena tell Jim that Antonia is now working?
2. What does Jim tell the girls is evidence that the Spanish settled in Nebraska?
3. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
4. Why is Jim disappointed when he visits Black Hawk?
5. Who urges Jim to visit Antonia after many years?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)