|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(c) Otto Fuchs
2. Where does Jim say he feels the most at home?
(a) At Antonia's farm
(b) In Black Hawk
(c) In the pastures
(d) At his grandparents' old farm
3. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Russian Peter
(d) Gaston Cleric
4. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
(b) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(c) He kisses Antonia.
(d) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
5. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(b) Gaston Cleric
(c) The Polish violin teacher
(d) Colonel Raleigh
6. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A doll
(b) A playhouse
(c) A May basket
(d) A toy
7. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Harlings
(d) His grandparents
8. Which of the girls arrives at the river first?
9. Why does Jim say Gaston Cleric "narrowly missed being a great poet?"
(a) He speaks poetically when excited.
(b) He is well versed in Greek.
(c) He knows all of the classic works of literature.
(d) He is a talented writer.
10. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
11. Who does Jim realize he wants to see again?
12. Where does Jim go after graduating from Harvard?
(b) Black Hawk
(c) New York City
13. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
(a) As romantic and sultry
(b) As accurate and compelling
(c) As young and beautiful
(d) As old and overly dramatic
14. What does Jim call the road leading to his grandparents' farm?
(a) The Road to Destiny
(b) The Road to the Country
(c) The Road to Peace
(d) The Road to the Future
15. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
(a) He is from Scandanavia.
(b) He loans money without interest
(c) He regularly makes donations to the Protestant church.
(d) He speaks Swedish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonia eventually marry?
2. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
3. How does Antonia react when Jim kisses her?
4. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
5. Which of the following is not something Jim notices about Antonia when he goes to visit her in this chapter?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)