|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Russian Peter
(d) Gaston Cleric
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She believes females are superior to males.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She is older than he is.
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. What news that Lena shares with Jim about Antonia shocks him the most?
(a) Her new employment position
(b) Her engagement to Larry Donovan
(c) Her fading beauty
(d) Her change in attitude
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit with he and Pavel.
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To borrow a spade
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
2. Where do Otto and Jake go when the Burdens sell their farm?
3. Who appears at Jim's door as he is contemplating Virgil's words?
4. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)