|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
(a) 2 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 3 years
(d) 13 years
2. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A gift from Antonia
(b) A ring
(c) A horse
(d) A Christmas tree
3. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(a) The Polish violin teacher
(c) Gaston Cleric
(d) His grandparents
4. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
(a) On long walks
(b) To theatre shows
(c) To Lena's dress shop
(d) To dinner
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(b) A broken ax.
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) Accusations against Ambrosch
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
3. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
4. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
5. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)