|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
(a) It is considered the best in the area.
(b) It is considered a seedy hotel.
(c) It is considered a safe place for men, but not women, to stay.
(d) It is considered an elite, high priced establishment.
2. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He is injured on the job.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) Peter moves to another farm.
3. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
(a) He keeps him company.
(b) He awakens him to new ideas and learning.
(c) He teaches him Greek.
(d) He provides him with an audience for stories about Black Hawk.
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A pony
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A wagon
5. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
(b) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
(c) She was the only woman who would marry him.
(d) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
3. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
4. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)