|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is too focused on his studies.
(b) He needs to marry a country girl.
(c) He is too romantic.
(d) He is in love with Antonia.
2. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
(a) Larry Donovan died.
(b) He refused to marry her.
(c) Antonia left Donovan because he was unfaithful.
(d) He left her with a baby.
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Wick Cutter
(b) Mr. Shimerda
4. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) The house is in disarray.
(b) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(c) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
(d) Wick Cutter's is dead.
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(c) To borrow a spade
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
2. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
3. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
4. Why does Lena Lingard's presence at the Harlings' home make Antonia uncomfortable?
5. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)