|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
(a) He put her on the wrong train home.
(b) He left her in Omaha.
(c) He ran away with their possessions.
(d) He gave the deed to their house to Antonia.
2. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
(a) It is considered an elite, high priced establishment.
(b) It is considered a seedy hotel.
(c) It is considered a safe place for men, but not women, to stay.
(d) It is considered the best in the area.
3. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His horse
(b) His cow
(c) His plough
(d) His home
4. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
(a) A promise of repayment
(d) Dried mushrooms
5. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(b) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(c) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(d) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
3. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
4. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
5. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)