|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
(b) Antonia goes to many dances.
(c) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(d) Antonia is a hard worker.
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He rescues her brother.
(b) He catches a prairie dog.
(c) He kills a rattlesnake.
(d) He teaches her to read.
3. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Mrs. Shimerda
4. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(a) A book
(b) A watch
(d) A silk umbrella
5. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He kisses Antonia.
(b) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
(c) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
(d) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
2. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
5. Why does Lena Lingard's presence at the Harlings' home make Antonia uncomfortable?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)