|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
(a) He refused to marry her.
(b) He left her with a baby.
(c) Antonia left Donovan because he was unfaithful.
(d) Larry Donovan died.
2. What does Antonia say was found in the pocket of the tramp who died in the thresher?
(a) A letter from his wife
(b) A suicide note
(d) A poem
3. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(b) They are not Catholics.
(c) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(d) They are not religious.
4. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
(a) She does not approve of working women.
(b) She does not like country girls.
(c) She has a reputation for being flirtatious.
(d) She believes working at a hotel is inappropriate for a woman.
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Shimerdas
(c) Wick Cutter
(d) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
2. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
3. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
4. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)