|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonia react when Jim kisses her?
(a) She is uncomfortable.
(b) She is delighted.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She is confused.
2. Who appears at Jim's door as he is contemplating Virgil's words?
(a) Larry Donovan
(c) Gaston Cleric
(d) Lena Linguard
3. What do Jim's grandparents think of the dances Jim attends?
(a) They encourage him to have an active social life.
(b) They believe the dances are harmless.
(c) They do not approve of the dances.
(d) They are unaware of the dances.
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(b) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
(c) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(d) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
5. What nickname is Antonia given?
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
2. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
3. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
4. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
5. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)