|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is an illegal immigrant.
(b) He is an anarchist.
(c) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(d) He is a fugitive from the law.
2. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(b) Ole Benson's wife
(c) Wick Cutter
3. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
(a) She visits with Jim too often.
(b) She stops working to play with the children.
(c) She is sometimes late to work.
(d) She does too good of a job.
4. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(b) New York
5. According to Antonia, how did her father and mother meet?
(a) They attended the same church.
(b) Her mother worked for her father's family.
(c) Her father worked for her mother's family.
(d) They attended a dance together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
2. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
3. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
4. Who proposes to Lena several times?
5. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)