|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) His grandfather
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(a) Gaston Cleric
(b) His grandparents
(d) The Polish violin teacher
3. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
(a) With Gaston Cleric
(b) In a hotel
(c) With his grandparents
(d) In rooms he rents from an elderly couple
4. Who does Jim hold responsible for Wick Cutter's negative actions?
(a) His grandmother
5. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
(a) He is from Scandanavia.
(b) He speaks Swedish.
(c) He loans money without interest
(d) He regularly makes donations to the Protestant church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
2. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
3. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
4. What news that Lena shares with Jim about Antonia shocks him the most?
5. Why has Gaston Cleric been sent West?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)