|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(b) Help his wife set up their home
(c) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(d) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
2. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
(a) He is a grain merchant.
(b) He is a cattle buyer.
(c) He is the owner of a general store.
(d) He is a cattle buyer and grain merchant.
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
(a) Two lovers who quarrel
(b) Two lovers who die
(c) Two starcrossed lovers
(d) Unrequited love
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(b) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(c) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(d) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
2. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
3. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
4. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)