|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
(a) Two lovers who quarrel
(b) Unrequited love
(c) Two lovers who die
(d) Two starcrossed lovers
2. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
(a) They are both shocked by its content.
(b) They are left confused and homesick at the end of the play.
(c) They both cry at the end of the play.
(d) Lena cries at the end of the play, but Jim is indifferent.
3. To whom is Wick Cutter particularly nice?
(a) His wife
(b) Mrs. Harling
(c) Jim's grandmother
4. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
(b) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
(c) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(d) He kisses Antonia.
5. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is an illegal immigrant.
(b) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(c) He is a fugitive from the law.
(d) He is an anarchist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
2. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
4. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
5. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)