|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(b) Grandfather Burden
(c) His wife
2. Where does Tiny open her hotel?
(a) Salt Lake City
(b) San Francisco
(d) Black Hawk
3. Why does Jim say Gaston Cleric "narrowly missed being a great poet?"
(a) He is well versed in Greek.
(b) He speaks poetically when excited.
(c) He is a talented writer.
(d) He knows all of the classic works of literature.
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A pony
(d) A wagon
5. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(d) Grandmother Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
2. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
3. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
4. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
5. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)