|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) cruel and unforgiving.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) dangerous and unpredictable.
(d) deeply sad.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(c) New York
3. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) He is robbed.
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Shimerdas
(b) Wick Cutter
(d) The Burdens
5. According to Antonia, how did her father and mother meet?
(a) Her mother worked for her father's family.
(b) They attended the same church.
(c) Her father worked for her mother's family.
(d) They attended a dance together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
2. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
3. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
4. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)