|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
2. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He needs to marry a country girl.
(b) He is too focused on his studies.
(c) He is in love with Antonia.
(d) He is too romantic.
3. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
(a) He speaks Swedish.
(b) He regularly makes donations to the Protestant church.
(c) He is from Scandanavia.
(d) He loans money without interest
4. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
(a) It is considered a safe place for men, but not women, to stay.
(b) It is considered an elite, high priced establishment.
(c) It is considered the best in the area.
(d) It is considered a seedy hotel.
5. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
(a) Anxious and unsettled
(b) Peaceful and contented
(c) Confused and frustrated
(d) Excited and alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
2. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
3. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
5. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)