Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) An ax
(b) A cow
(c) A wagon
(d) A horse collar
2. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he failed to pay taxes
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he was involved in a bar fight
3. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Mrs. Shimerda
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) Wick Cutter
(b) The Shimerdas
(c) The Burdens
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father is not doing well.
(b) Her father does not love her mother.
(c) Her father plans to kill himself.
(d) Her father used to be a violinist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
2. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
4. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)