Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A Christmas tree
(b) A horse
(c) A gift from Antonia
(d) A ring
2. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(c) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Shimerdas
(c) The Burdens
(d) Wick Cutter
4. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They look up to him.
(b) They come from the same country.
(c) They trust him.
(d) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To borrow a spade
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
2. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
3. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
5. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)