|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, what does Akiko realize about a baby?
2. When Akiko stands up to John, what happens to her?
3. What good news does Akiko learn?
4. What has Oh discovered about the family they are interviewing?
5. What seems to have happened between Akiko and Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is astounding concerning the Dunn's young daughter?
2. How does Akiko become a different woman?
3. When they discuss Dave's background, what does the crew learn?
4. When Akiko sees the episode about the lesbians, how does she feel?
5. Why does Akiko become aggressive with John and bite him?
6. What will be Jane's most important episode?
7. What does Akiko think of Jane?
8. Why does John get what he deserves?
9. What is the newest show that Jane would like to produce and what will this show Japan?
10. Why don't the Japanese producers like this couple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Akiko seems to seek happiness that money and status cannot buy.
For what sort of happiness does she strive?
Does she think she will be able to create it without her husband?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what a literary foil is.
Are Akiko and Jane literary foils of one another?
Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Akiko and Jane switch places as the novel progresses.
At what point in the novel do the two characters swap places?
Towards the end of the novel, how have they equalized into positive outcomes?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)