|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the next big thing Jane wants to uncover?
2. Despite the loss of the baby, what has happened for Jane?
3. What does Bunny allow the crew to do?
4. What is causing all of the disfigurements in Gale and Rose?
5. What is typical for a Japanese woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jane and Akiko have in common?
2. As Jane wakes up from the hospital, what does she feel?
3. Why is Jane happy about Suzie Flowers?
4. As the book progresses, what is happening to Akiko?
5. What is the newest show that Jane would like to produce and what will this show Japan?
6. How do things turn around for Jane?
7. Although Akiko is not yet in the clear, what does she feel about her life?
8. What does Akiko think of Jane?
9. What will be Jane's most important episode?
10. Why don't the Japanese producers like this couple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The titles of each chapter are very interesting.
Choose 3 chapter titles and analyze them as descriptions for their corresponding chapter.
Why does Ozeki take the time to title each chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what a literary foil is.
Are Akiko and Jane literary foils of one another?
Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
As a filmmaker, Jane believes it is her job to tell the truth. Is this always the aim of filmmakers?
How can film be used as media propaganda?
How is Jane's own work almost turned into propaganda by the Japanese government?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)