|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jane then able to do?
2. How does this person or group react?
3. What does Jane learn when she wakes up?
4. Why does the doctor think that Jane lost the baby?
5. Of the two new families Jane picks, what is one of the husband's professions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the newest show that Jane would like to produce and what will this show Japan?
2. How does Gale react when Jane tells him what the hormones have done to his body?
3. How do things turn around for Jane?
4. Why is Jane arrested?
5. As Jane wakes up from the hospital, what does she feel?
6. What turns around for Jane in this section of the novel?
7. Why don't the Japanese producers like this couple?
8. Why is Jane happy about Suzie Flowers?
9. How does Jane begin to see John?
10. What has Jane decided to do about the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the book draws to a close, the reader concludes that both Jane and Akiko are survivors.
Against what are the two women survivors?
Although their cultures are different, what makes them survivors?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ruth Ozeki portray Japanese men? Japanese business men?
Is she using a stereotypical model that she knows?
Is she too quick to judge this group of men?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character analysis for John Unero.
Discuss the extreme differences in his hypocritical personality.
How does he force his wife to abide by one set of codes while he abides by another?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)