|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor think that Jane lost the baby?
2. What does Dyann send to Jane?
3. What does Jane learn when she wakes up?
4. What is odd about this?
5. How does this person or group react?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Akiko wakes up at the hospital, what does she feel?
2. How do things turn around for Jane?
3. How do the two women's lives change?
4. Although Akiko is not yet in the clear, what does she feel about her life?
5. Why is Jane arrested?
6. As the book progresses, what is happening to Akiko?
7. What is astounding concerning the Dunn's young daughter?
8. What are some of the cruel practices that happen when cows are slaughtered?
9. When they discuss Dave's background, what does the crew learn?
10. When Akiko sees the episode about the lesbians, how does she feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The titles of each chapter are very interesting.
Choose 3 chapter titles and analyze them as descriptions for their corresponding chapter.
Why does Ozeki take the time to title each chapter?
Essay Topic 2
This novel places a lot of importance on strong female relationships.
Describe the following relationships and why they are necessary for the characters involved:
-Akiko and Jane
-Lara and Dyann
-Lara, Dyann, and Jane
-Jane and her mother
Essay Topic 3
How does Jane's mixed ethnicity make her the perfect producer for My American Wife!?
Why does it end up being the reason she clashes with her employers?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)