|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane afraid to talk to Sloan?
2. Before the producer calls, what is Jane wondering?
3. How does Akiko feel about her and John's first date?
4. What is the name of the reality show?
5. Why does John throw the lamb chops across the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
2. Why does Akiko's husband want her to watch the show, My American Wife!?
3. How did Akiko and John meet?
4. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
5. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
6. What stereotypical gender role is not fulfilled at this next shoot?
7. What does Jane think is impossible for her to do?
8. Why is Jane suddenly allowed more creative control over the show?
9. How else does John try to take out his aggression?
10. What does the reader begin to suspect about Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The titles of each chapter are very interesting.
Choose 3 chapter titles and analyze them as descriptions for their corresponding chapter.
Why does Ozeki take the time to title each chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Akiko seems to seek happiness that money and status cannot buy.
For what sort of happiness does she strive?
Does she think she will be able to create it without her husband?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ruth Ozeki portray Japanese men? Japanese business men?
Is she using a stereotypical model that she knows?
Is she too quick to judge this group of men?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)