|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor's visit, what does John do to Akiko?
2. What two cultures make up Jane Takagi-Little?
3. After accepting the job, what is Jane feeling?
4. Why did the FDA outlaw the drug?
5. How does Akiko feel about her and John's first date?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the initial happiness of getting a new job, why is Jane reluctant to take the position?
2. Ultimately, what does Jane want to show on My American Wife!?
3. Why did the FDA decide to outlaw this drug for animals?
4. How did Akiko and John meet?
5. How else does John try to take out his aggression?
6. What is the good news concerning the Bukowskys?
7. Just as Jane thinks she is getting herself into a serious relationship with Sloan, what happens?
8. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
9. What surprises Suzie Flower during her sociological survey?
10. Unfortunately for Akiko, what happens to her when John finds out she has purposefully become infertile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Akiko and Jane create a relationship through communication?
How do these two women get to know each other without ever really seeing each other?
How has the internet changed the way people meet people and communicate with one another?
Essay Topic 2
This novel places a lot of importance on strong female relationships.
Describe the following relationships and why they are necessary for the characters involved:
-Akiko and Jane
-Lara and Dyann
-Lara, Dyann, and Jane
-Jane and her mother
Essay Topic 3
How does Ruth Ozeki portray Japanese men? Japanese business men?
Is she using a stereotypical model that she knows?
Is she too quick to judge this group of men?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)