|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Purcell while he worked at a chicken factory?
2. On what will the show focus?
3. Why did this development happen?
4. What does Grace worry about at the end of the section?
5. What type of wives must Jane find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the FDA decide to outlaw this drug for animals?
2. Ultimately, what does Jane want to show on My American Wife!?
3. Why is John becoming controlling and temperamental about Akiko's visits to the bathroom?
4. After the initial happiness of getting a new job, why is Jane reluctant to take the position?
5. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
6. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
7. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
8. How did Akiko and John meet?
9. What is the good news concerning the Bukowskys?
10. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character analysis for John Unero.
Discuss the extreme differences in his hypocritical personality.
How does he force his wife to abide by one set of codes while he abides by another?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ruth Ozeki portray Japanese men? Japanese business men?
Is she using a stereotypical model that she knows?
Is she too quick to judge this group of men?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jane and Sloan's relationship to Lara and Dyann.
How are these romantic relationships similar or different?
Explain how same-sex and heterosexual couples are still similar.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)