|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Akiko fall in love in this episode?
2. After the doctor's visit, what does John do to Akiko?
3. On what will the show focus?
4. After accepting the job, what is Jane feeling?
5. Of what is Akiko becoming more and more aware?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Akiko become sad and bored in her home?
2. How else does John try to take out his aggression?
3. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
4. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
5. Ultimately, what does Jane want to show on My American Wife!?
6. How did Akiko and John meet?
7. Because the author is like the novel's main character, what distinct qualities does she bring to her protagonist?
8. After the initial happiness of getting a new job, why is Jane reluctant to take the position?
9. When Purcell stops eating chicken parts, what happens?
10. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The only way John can feel pleasure or become aroused with a woman is if he is subduing her. Is this statement true or false?
If true, give three examples proving the truth of the statement.
If false, give three examples of how this statement is false.
Essay Topic 2
Many people believe that if two people are married, a partner in the relationship cannot be raped even if they are forced into sexual intercourse. Use Akiko's story to prove this theory false.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the following characters attempt to find their true happiness as the book progresses?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)