|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane feel guilty?
2. After accepting the job, what is Jane feeling?
3. What happened to Purcell while he worked at a chicken factory?
4. Why is this important for her to do?
5. Unfortunately, who is trying to control Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Purcell stops eating chicken parts, what happens?
2. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
3. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
4. On what type of women do the Japanese ad executives wish to focus?
5. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
6. How did Akiko and John meet?
7. Why does Akiko become sad and bored in her home?
8. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
9. Why does Akiko's husband want her to watch the show, My American Wife!?
10. What is the next interesting group that Jane wants to film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Akiko seems to seek happiness that money and status cannot buy.
For what sort of happiness does she strive?
Does she think she will be able to create it without her husband?
Essay Topic 2
As the book draws to a close, the reader concludes that both Jane and Akiko are survivors.
Against what are the two women survivors?
Although their cultures are different, what makes them survivors?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character analysis for John Unero.
Discuss the extreme differences in his hypocritical personality.
How does he force his wife to abide by one set of codes while he abides by another?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)