|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main audience of the show?
2. What does Akiko think of Jane's special show?
3. Because of what happens to the director, what does Jane get to do?
4. Where will this Japanese reality show be shown?
5. What else upsets Akiko's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Just as Jane thinks she is getting herself into a serious relationship with Sloan, what happens?
2. When Purcell stops eating chicken parts, what happens?
3. Unfortunately for Akiko, what happens to her when John finds out she has purposefully become infertile?
4. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
5. What happened to Jane's first marriage?
6. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
7. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
8. Why does John angrily throw the pork chops across the room?
9. Why is Jane suddenly allowed more creative control over the show?
10. What is the next interesting group that Jane wants to film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Akiko and Jane create a relationship through communication?
How do these two women get to know each other without ever really seeing each other?
How has the internet changed the way people meet people and communicate with one another?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ruth Ozeki portray Japanese men? Japanese business men?
Is she using a stereotypical model that she knows?
Is she too quick to judge this group of men?
Essay Topic 3
The only way John can feel pleasure or become aroused with a woman is if he is subduing her. Is this statement true or false?
If true, give three examples proving the truth of the statement.
If false, give three examples of how this statement is false.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)