|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In jail, what does Jane choose to tell Sloan?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is going to travel abroad and thinks they should not see each other.
(c) She is going to give the baby up for adoption.
(d) She wants to introduce him to her parents.
2. What does Jane want the Japanese housewives, hopefully, to learn?
(a) The truth behind the Japanese meat industry.
(b) To cook good American food for their husbands.
(c) That they would have better lives in America.
(d) To be better wives.
3. When Akiko stands up to John, what happens to her?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She shows she is copying what she sees on the show.
(c) She shows she is weak.
(d) She shows she is strong.
4. When John finds out about the fax Akiko sent Jane, how does he react?
(a) He is angry because of Jane's rejection.
(b) He thinks Akiko is jealous and gets angry.
(c) He thinks it is good Akiko is making friends.
(d) He hopes Jane is not rubbing off on Akiko the wrong way.
5. What does Jane think will harm her baby the most?
(a) Chemicals at the feedlot.
(b) Her distress.
(c) Her fall.
(d) Her constant traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Akiko refuses John, what does this show about her?
2. What about Jane is annoying Gale, Bunny Dunn's son?
3. Of the two new families Jane picks, what is one of the husband's professions?
4. The crew's driver, Dave, is accustomed to what practices?
5. Unfortunately for Rose, side effects of estrogen poisoning leave her with ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Akiko think of Jane?
2. As Jane wakes up from the hospital, what does she feel?
3. Why does Jane feel so upset about her life?
4. When they discuss Dave's background, what does the crew learn?
5. What turns around for Jane in this section of the novel?
6. How do the two women's lives change?
7. How does Jane help Akiko start her life in America?
8. Although Akiko is not yet in the clear, what does she feel about her life?
9. What has Jane decided to do about the baby?
10. Why is Jane happy about Suzie Flowers?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)