|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she wait until the last minute to give it to John's office?
(a) She thinks they will edit the show.
(b) She is afraid they will not air the show.
(c) She thinks they will hate the show.
(d) She thinks they will fire her for the show.
2. How does Akiko act at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Tired and old.
(b) Confused and lonely.
(c) Emotionally repressed.
(d) Subservient and timid.
3. What about Jane is annoying Gale, Bunny Dunn's son?
(a) He does not like talking to women.
(b) Jane complains about being at the feed lot and its conditions.
(c) She insults his knowledge.
(d) All of Jane's questions about the chemicals for the cows.
4. After meeting up with Jane, who does Akiko wish to see?
(a) Ms. Helen.
(c) The family from Louisiana.
(d) Lara and Dyann.
5. Unfortunately for Rose, side effects of estrogen poisoning leave her with ___________.
(a) Masculine qualities.
(b) Hairy body parts.
(c) A growth spurt.
(d) Disfiguring overdevelopment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Akiko refuses John, what does this show about her?
2. What seems to have happened between Akiko and Jane?
3. What does Jane find in the trash?
4. What does Jane want the Japanese housewives, hopefully, to learn?
5. What does a kind nurse suggest about Akiko's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Akiko is not yet in the clear, what does she feel about her life?
2. Why does Jane feel so upset about her life?
3. Why does Gale seem so aggressive?
4. Why does Bunny Dunn decide to tell her husband about the hormones?
5. How does Akiko become a different woman?
6. How does Jane help Akiko start her life in America?
7. What are some of the cruel practices that happen when cows are slaughtered?
8. How do the two women's lives change?
9. Why does Akiko become aggressive with John and bite him?
10. As Jane wakes up from the hospital, what does she feel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)