|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akiko's husband ask her to watch?
(a) My American Wife!
(b) My Japanese Wife.
(c) American Food Network.
(d) Japanese Food Network.
2. What is the correct name of Jane Takagi-Little's position?
(d) Video researcher.
3. What happened to the Bukowskys' daughter, Christina?
(a) She was hit by a car and left in a coma.
(b) She was killed in a bike accident.
(c) She hurt herself in a bus crash.
(d) She was injured skiing.
4. After the surgery, what do the X-rays reveal about Jane?
(a) Her uterus is in the wrong place.
(b) Her uterus is very small.
(c) She has a misshapen uterus.
(d) Her uterus is very healthy.
5. What is Christina's favorite meal?
(a) Chop me Ups.
(b) Hallelujah Lamb Chops.
(c) Lamp Chop Chop Chops.
(d) Hells Chops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the producer calls, what is Jane wondering?
2. At a clinic near her mother's home, what does Jane learn?
3. What two cultures make up Jane Takagi-Little?
4. Of whom is Akiko a fan?
5. Why did the FDA outlaw the drug?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
2. After the initial happiness of getting a new job, why is Jane reluctant to take the position?
3. Unfortunately for Akiko, what happens to her when John finds out she has purposefully become infertile?
4. Why is Jane suddenly allowed more creative control over the show?
5. Because the author is like the novel's main character, what distinct qualities does she bring to her protagonist?
6. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
7. What does Jane think is impossible for her to do?
8. How else does John try to take out his aggression?
9. What is the next interesting group that Jane wants to film?
10. Why does John angrily throw the pork chops across the room?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)