|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was diethylstilbestrol or DES given to women?
(a) It was used to help prevent miscarriages.
(b) It was used to make their periods lighter.
(c) It was used to help get women pregnant.
(d) It was used to increase breast size.
2. What is one of the more personal questions that ruins the first wife's life?
(a) Have you ever lied to your husband.
(b) Would you ever leave your husband?
(c) Have you ever had an extramarital affair?
(d) Have you ever had plastic surgery?
3. What type of wives must Jane find?
(a) Only wives with kids.
(b) Kind American women.
(c) Wholesome American housewives.
(d) Single women.
4. Why did the FDA outlaw the drug?
(a) Because young men were getting pregnant.
(b) Because women became sick.
(c) Because young women were getting pregnant.
(d) Because men had similar reactions as Purcell.
5. Unfortunately, who is trying to control Jane?
(a) Japanese men who work on her show.
(b) Her managers at the network.
(c) Her husband.
(d) American men who work on her show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else has the drug affected?
2. What does she promise to send to the first wife?
3. What happened to the Bukowskys' daughter, Christina?
4. What is the name of the reality show?
5. How does Akiko feel about the Thayer family on My American Wife!?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the negative affects of the hormone known as diethylstilbestrol or DES?
2. Why did the FDA decide to outlaw this drug for animals?
3. Why does Akiko's husband want her to watch the show, My American Wife!?
4. What stereotypical gender role is not fulfilled at this next shoot?
5. After the initial happiness of getting a new job, why is Jane reluctant to take the position?
6. What is the next interesting group that Jane wants to film?
7. Why is John becoming controlling and temperamental about Akiko's visits to the bathroom?
8. What does the reader begin to suspect about Jane?
9. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
10. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)