|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Jane hope to make an episode of My American Wife!?
(a) An African American family.
(b) A Hispanic family.
(c) A Greek family.
(d) A Native American family.
2. What is diethylstilbestrol or DES hormone?
(a) A hormone for chickens.
(b) A hormone given to cows.
(c) A drug for older people.
(d) A drug for young people.
3. Why was diethylstilbestrol or DES given to women?
(a) It was used to help prevent miscarriages.
(b) It was used to increase breast size.
(c) It was used to help get women pregnant.
(d) It was used to make their periods lighter.
4. In Japan, with what is Akiko bored?
(a) Trying to write an article about pregnancy.
(b) Traveling with her husband.
(c) Seeing all the same society ladies.
(d) Trying to have a baby.
5. What gives Jane the advantage to create the show?
(a) Her dual ethnicities.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) She is a housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the next place that Sloan and Jane meet?
2. What does the end of each episode of My American Wife! have?
3. Who will cook for this episode?
4. Who decides that she cannot make this episode?
5. Because of what happens to the director, what does Jane get to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John angrily throw the pork chops across the room?
2. Unfortunately for Akiko, what happens to her when John finds out she has purposefully become infertile?
3. When Purcell stops eating chicken parts, what happens?
4. What does Jane think is impossible for her to do?
5. Why is John becoming controlling and temperamental about Akiko's visits to the bathroom?
6. What happened to Jane's first marriage?
7. How else does John try to take out his aggression?
8. Ultimately, what does Jane want to show on My American Wife!?
9. Just as Jane thinks she is getting herself into a serious relationship with Sloan, what happens?
10. Why is Jane suddenly allowed more creative control over the show?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)