|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Akiko's husband wish for her to gain weight?
(a) So that she will be curvier.
(b) So that she would be happier.
(c) So that they can have children.
(d) She has gotten too skinny.
2. How does Akiko feel about the Thayer family on My American Wife!?
(a) She wants more of a truthful story.
(b) She does not want to be like them.
(c) She likes the other families better.
(d) She gives them bad ratings.
3. What was Akiko's job prior to getting married?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A reporter.
(c) Worked for a manga publisher.
(d) She was a nanny.
4. About what does Jane worry while they are shooting in Nebraska?
(a) People will see she is looking for another job.
(b) People will not know she has a drinking problem.
(c) People will notice she hates the show.
(d) People will notice Sloan showing up.
5. What is a kuduz?
(a) A plant like sugar cane.
(b) A type of plant that has healing properties.
(c) A plant native to Japan that is planted in the Southern states to keep it from eroding away.
(d) A plant that is very similar to cotton. The family grows it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akiko think of Jane's special show?
2. What does this make up cause for her?
3. On what will the show focus?
4. Why does Jane think that they should not have to use condoms?
5. What does Jane think of the show criteria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stereotypical gender role is not fulfilled at this next shoot?
2. How did Akiko and John meet?
3. What gives Jane a unique view and experience about working on the show?
4. Why does Jane have her production assistant take John to a strip club?
5. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
6. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
7. Why is Jane suddenly allowed more creative control over the show?
8. What does Jane think is impossible for her to do?
9. What does the reader begin to suspect about Jane?
10. On what type of women do the Japanese ad executives wish to focus?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)