|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane wish she could do with the show?
(a) Portray the real America.
(b) Use it to further her career.
(c) Cancel it.
(d) Make it better.
2. What does the end of each episode of My American Wife! have?
(a) Sociological survey.
(b) The wife lists her favorite recipes.
(c) A Where Are They Now section.
(d) A recap with the wife.
3. Now that John will not let Akiko close the door to the bathroom, what is she losing?
(a) Her self respect.
(b) Her will to live.
(c) Control over her body.
(d) Control over her mind.
4. What is a kuduz?
(a) A plant native to Japan that is planted in the Southern states to keep it from eroding away.
(b) A plant that is very similar to cotton. The family grows it.
(c) A type of plant that has healing properties.
(d) A plant like sugar cane.
5. What does Grace worry about at the end of the section?
(a) Joy might try to run away.
(b) Joy is too excited by Alison's new baby.
(c) Joy does not like the attention that Alison is getting.
(d) Joy realizes she never wants to have a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unfortunately, who is trying to control Jane?
2. Who decides that she cannot make this episode?
3. When Jane asks why Soan always insists on using two condoms, what does he say?
4. Initially, what causes Jane to worry about the casting of the show?
5. What will this TV show hopefully make others do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives Jane a unique view and experience about working on the show?
2. What does the reader begin to suspect about Jane?
3. What stereotypical gender role is not fulfilled at this next shoot?
4. What happened to Jane's first marriage?
5. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
6. Unfortunately for Akiko, what happens to her when John finds out she has purposefully become infertile?
7. Ultimately, what does Jane want to show on My American Wife!?
8. Why does John angrily throw the pork chops across the room?
9. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
10. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)