|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will this person cook?
(a) Pork chops.
(d) Spare ribs.
2. Why does Jane feel guilty?
(a) Because of the way things ended with Suzie.
(b) She misses home.
(c) She hates making fun of people behind their backs.
(d) She feels like a hypocrite.
3. Jane decides to go out drinking so that she will not have to think about the interview with Ms. Helen. What happens after the interview?
(a) John tries to rape her.
(b) John tries to hit her.
(c) John tries to kiss her.
(d) John tries to make her quit the job.
4. In Japan, with what is Akiko bored?
(a) Trying to write an article about pregnancy.
(b) Trying to have a baby.
(c) Seeing all the same society ladies.
(d) Traveling with her husband.
5. What is the main audience of the show?
(a) Japanese housewives.
(b) American housewives.
(c) Japanese and American housewives.
(d) Chinese housewives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John yell at Akiko after she is finished crying in the bathroom?
2. Now that John will not let Akiko close the door to the bathroom, what is she losing?
3. What happened to the Bukowskys' daughter, Christina?
4. What is diethylstilbestrol or DES hormone?
5. Before the producer calls, what is Jane wondering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the good news concerning the Bukowskys?
2. What does Jane think is impossible for her to do?
3. Why is the Japanese crew having an issue filming the American couple?
4. What are the negative affects of the hormone known as diethylstilbestrol or DES?
5. What will help Akiko to gain weight and get her body ready to have a baby?
6. Why does Jane hesitate to send Suzie the tape?
7. How did Akiko and John meet?
8. Because Jane gets more control over the show, what show does she make?
9. Because the author is like the novel's main character, what distinct qualities does she bring to her protagonist?
10. When Purcell stops eating chicken parts, what happens?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)