|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Jane is annoying Gale, Bunny Dunn's son?
(a) She insults his knowledge.
(b) He does not like talking to women.
(c) Jane complains about being at the feed lot and its conditions.
(d) All of Jane's questions about the chemicals for the cows.
2. What does Jane think about Sloan's offer to giver her money?
(a) He is not interested in a future with her.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He wants to protect her.
(d) He does not want a baby but wants her.
3. While Jane's personal life is becoming very happy, what is happening to her career?
(a) It is coasting and no improvements have been made.
(b) It is also going well.
(c) She will have to change careers soon.
(d) It is spinning out of control.
4. What is the knockout tank?
(a) Where boxers meet.
(b) Where they hit the cows over the head and then slice their necks.
(c) Where they hit people who know too much.
(d) Where people who have dispustes duke it out.
5. Why does Akiko bite her husband?
(a) He forces her to bite him.
(b) He asks her to bite him.
(c) He tries to force himself on her.
(d) He bites her first.
6. Why is Jane arrested in Montana?
(a) They think it is suspicious for so many Japanese people to travel together.
(b) She is driving illegally.
(c) Her crew does not have work visas.
(d) They think her group is a Mexican terrorist group.
7. What does the reader feel for Jane as this section of the book draws to a close?
8. Of the two new families Jane picks, what is one of the husband's professions?
(a) He owns a farm and a slaughterhouse.
(b) He owns a farm.
(c) He owns a feedlot.
(d) He owns a slaughterhouse.
9. What does Jane walk by as she thinks about names for the baby?
(a) A school.
(b) A child care center.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A grocery store.
10. What seems to have happened between Akiko and Jane?
(a) They have become best friends.
(b) Their luck in life has swapped places.
(c) They are bosom buddies.
(d) They have changed their personalities.
11. What is typical for a Japanese woman?
(a) To go back to their families when they have upset their husbands.
(b) To hate their husbands.
(c) To be subservient to their husbands.
(d) To have trouble having babies.
12. Where is Sloan performing?
(a) At a local jazz club.
(b) A local restaurant.
(c) A night club.
(d) A bar.
13. Despite the loss of the baby, what has happened for Jane?
(a) She finds happiness.
(b) She gets her career back.
(c) She gets Sloan.
(d) She gets Sloan, gets her career, and finds happiness.
14. When Jane and Akiko wake up, where are they?
(a) Tired of their lives.
(b) At their homes.
(c) Sad about their lives.
(d) In the hospital.
15. What happens to the ratings?
(a) They increase a little.
(b) They drop.
(c) There is no increase.
(d) They go higher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about this?
2. Because of the two new shows, what could Jane lose?
3. Who gives Jane the bad news that causes Sloan to be mad at her?
4. While at the farm, about what does Jane become worried?
5. Meanwhile, what is happening to Akiko?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)