|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next big thing Jane wants to uncover?
(a) The truth about child growth hormones.
(b) The truth about the chicken and beef industries.
(c) The truth about John.
(d) The truth about the beef industry.
2. How does Nurse Tomoko help Akiko?
(a) She helps her change her appearance.
(b) She gives her money to go to America.
(c) She gets the doctor to extend her stay at the hospital.
(d) She helps deliver her baby.
3. How does Akiko feel as she flies toward America?
4. What does Jane think will harm her baby the most?
(a) Chemicals at the feedlot.
(b) Her constant traveling.
(c) Her distress.
(d) Her fall.
5. What does Sloan think about what has happened?
(a) He hopes she does not stay sick long.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He thinks that Jane has lost the baby because of her carelessness.
(d) He thinks that it is God's way of saying they should not have a baby.
6. How does this person or group react?
(a) He fires Gale.
(b) He forces Gale to report the hormone abuse to the FDA.
(c) He is very saddened by all the lies and inaction.
(d) He gives up the family business.
7. What happens to John at the end of the book?
(a) He has learned a big lesson about the way he treats women.
(b) He continues on with his life.
(c) He gets Akiko back.
(d) He is demoted at the beef company.
8. When Akiko stands up to John, what happens to her?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She shows she is strong.
(c) She shows she is weak.
(d) She shows she is copying what she sees on the show.
9. When Akiko refuses John, what does this show about her?
(a) She is repulsed by him.
(b) She is becoming a lesbian.
(c) She is getting tired of his advances.
(d) She is finally trying to have a life outside and away from her husband.
10. A short while later, what is Akiko able to get on her own?
(a) A new job.
(b) A new apartment of her own.
(c) A house.
(d) A new husband.
11. When the authorities begin calling because of the meat and hormone abuse, whose number are they instructed to call?
12. What seems to have happened between Akiko and Jane?
(a) They have become best friends.
(b) Their luck in life has swapped places.
(c) They are bosom buddies.
(d) They have changed their personalities.
13. What does Jane want the Japanese housewives, hopefully, to learn?
(a) To be better wives.
(b) To cook good American food for their husbands.
(c) That they would have better lives in America.
(d) The truth behind the Japanese meat industry.
14. What has become of Jane's outlook on life?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is pessimistic.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is confused.
15. When John finds out about the fax Akiko sent Jane, how does he react?
(a) He is angry because of Jane's rejection.
(b) He hopes Jane is not rubbing off on Akiko the wrong way.
(c) He thinks it is good Akiko is making friends.
(d) He thinks Akiko is jealous and gets angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bunny show Jane's documentary?
2. What does Jane try to emphasize to hide what she really wants the episodes to be about?
3. What does Jane promise Grace?
4. After meeting up with Jane, who does Akiko wish to see?
5. What does Jane think about Sloan's offer to giver her money?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)