|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane arrested in Montana?
(a) Her crew does not have work visas.
(b) They think her group is a Mexican terrorist group.
(c) She is driving illegally.
(d) They think it is suspicious for so many Japanese people to travel together.
2. What is odd about this?
(a) Rose has begun to grow hair like a man.
(b) Gale is growing breasts.
(c) Rose has breasts, pubic hair, and has started her periods.
(d) Gale has been sick for some time.
3. To whom does Bunny show Jane's documentary?
(a) John Dunn.
(b) Gale Dunn.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
4. Of what is Akiko showing signs?
(a) Wanting to be intimate with her husband.
(b) Her eating disorder is showing on her body.
(c) Wanting to be more like American women.
5. How does Akiko think to seduce him?
(a) She tries to take control of their relationship in bed.
(b) She does a dance for him.
(c) By wearing something out of a pornographic magazine.
(d) Akiko drugs him so she does not interact with him while they have sex.
6. When the authorities begin calling because of the meat and hormone abuse, whose number are they instructed to call?
7. What does Jane think about Sloan's offer to giver her money?
(a) He is not interested in a future with her.
(b) He does not want a baby but wants her.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He wants to protect her.
8. What does Akiko arrange to do?
(a) Meet a new man.
(b) Find her family.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Fly to America while John is away.
9. When Jane and Akiko wake up, where are they?
(a) At their homes.
(b) Sad about their lives.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Tired of their lives.
10. What does the reader hope will happen for Akiko?
(a) She will expose John for the wife beater and abuser he is.
(b) She will go to her family for protection.
(c) She will be able to escape.
(d) She will get rid of John.
11. In jail, what does Jane choose to tell Sloan?
(a) She wants to introduce him to her parents.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is going to travel abroad and thinks they should not see each other.
(d) She is going to give the baby up for adoption.
12. How does Akiko act at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Subservient and timid.
(b) Confused and lonely.
(c) Emotionally repressed.
(d) Tired and old.
13. What does Jane learn when she wakes up?
(a) The baby might be delayed developmentally.
(b) She has food poisoning.
(c) She has lost the baby.
(d) She will have to stay at the hospital.
14. How does Nurse Tomoko help Akiko?
(a) She gives her money to go to America.
(b) She helps her change her appearance.
(c) She helps deliver her baby.
(d) She gets the doctor to extend her stay at the hospital.
15. With what does Akiko's fax ask Jane to help her?
(a) She asks Jane for money.
(b) Akiko warns Jane that her husband is coming.
(c) She wants Jane to help her escape.
(d) Akiko asks Jane to help her find the meaning of happiness as Dyann has found.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what other risks has Rose Dunn been exposed?
2. To Akiko, what is Jane?
3. Why does the doctor think that Jane lost the baby?
4. Unfortunately for Rose, side effects of estrogen poisoning leave her with ___________.
5. What will now happen to all shows that Jane directs or produces?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)