|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane get back at John?
(a) She hits him over the head with something.
(b) She calls his wife to tell her what has happened.
(c) She reports the rape to the police.
(d) She does not tell him he will have to introduce himself in front of Ms. Helen's church.
2. Who will cook for this episode?
(a) Joy, the daughter.
(b) Gina, the wife.
(c) Vern, the husband.
(d) Alison, the pregnant daughter.
3. What will this TV show hopefully make others do?
(a) Buy more meat.
(b) Go to the mall more.
(c) Buy less meat.
(d) Create their own items.
4. What does Akiko think of Jane's special show?
(a) The people on the show are actors.
(b) It is a good way to learn about Americans.
(c) It is cheesy.
(d) It is emotional and authentic.
5. What does her husband admit to have been doing?
(a) Sleeping with the maid.
(b) He admits to having an affair with a cocktail waitress.
(c) Losing his job.
(d) Having a love child with a friend.
6. Of whom is Akiko a fan?
(a) The old magazine for which she wrote.
(b) Nina Warrior.
(d) Her mother.
7. In Japan, with what is Akiko bored?
(a) Trying to have a baby.
(b) Seeing all the same society ladies.
(c) Traveling with her husband.
(d) Trying to write an article about pregnancy.
8. Why does Jane feel guilty?
(a) She feels like a hypocrite.
(b) Because of the way things ended with Suzie.
(c) She hates making fun of people behind their backs.
(d) She misses home.
9. On what will the show focus?
(a) The couple's interesting home.
(b) How the couple met and their decision to adopt.
(c) The couple's two children.
(d) The couple's different races.
10. Why does John throw the lamb chops across the room?
(a) He is just angry at life.
(b) He hates pork.
(c) He is mad that Akiko cooked the dish.
(d) He is mad that Jane had the show air a pork dish.
11. Jane decides to go out drinking so that she will not have to think about the interview with Ms. Helen. What happens after the interview?
(a) John tries to rape her.
(b) John tries to make her quit the job.
(c) John tries to hit her.
(d) John tries to kiss her.
12. What is one of the more personal questions that ruins the first wife's life?
(a) Have you ever had an extramarital affair?
(b) Would you ever leave your husband?
(c) Have you ever lied to your husband.
(d) Have you ever had plastic surgery?
13. With what is John growing more and more dissatisfied?
(a) His own feelings for Jane.
(b) Jane's clothing.
(c) Jane's choice of families to be on the show.
(d) His wife's actions.
14. When Jane asks why Soan always insists on using two condoms, what does he say?
(a) He is nervous he will get her pregnant.
(b) He has AIDS and is scared he will give it to her.
(c) He does not want to give her gonorrhea.
(d) He is scared of catching AIDS.
15. What is anaphylactic shock?
(a) A life-threatening type of allergic reaction.
(b) The shock after someone dies.
(c) The shock of becoming deathly ill.
(d) A shock from being electrocuted.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Jane worry while they are shooting in Nebraska?
2. Where has Jane recently returned from living?
3. What does this make up cause for her?
4. Why does John yell at Akiko after she is finished crying in the bathroom?
5. How does Akiko feel about her and John's first date?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)