|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane find the criteria for the show to be?
2. Why does Akiko's husband wish for her to gain weight?
(a) She has gotten too skinny.
(b) So that she will be curvier.
(c) So that they can have children.
(d) So that she would be happier.
3. What is the only good thing about the visit to the doctor and the resulting fight with her husband?
(a) Akiko gets to stay locked up in her apartment until the wounds heal.
(b) Akiko becomes very sad.
(c) She gets to go see her family.
(d) She is able to hide from John.
4. Initially, what causes Jane to worry about the casting of the show?
(a) The biased slant of the show.
(b) The too positive slant of the show.
(c) Japanese will be shown in a bad light.
(d) That Americans will be shown in a bad light.
5. As a result of the doctor visit, what has happened to John?
(a) He wants to make a baby.
(b) He wants to divorce his wife.
(c) He has become a compassionate man.
(d) He has fallen deeper in love with his wife.
6. Where has Jane recently returned from living?
7. Why had made Jane think she couldn't have children?
(a) She had difficulty getting pregnant.
(b) She has had her uterus removed.
(c) She has a precanerous condition in her cervix.
(d) She thinks she is too old.
8. What happened to Purcell while he worked at a chicken factory?
(a) He grew breasts and his voice changed.
(b) His feet grew bigger.
(c) He went blind.
(d) He lost his hand.
9. Why is this important for her to do?
(a) Her wants her to cook the recipes to gain weight.
(b) She has gotten anorexic.
(c) He would like her to study how American women act.
(d) She has to cook well to be a good wife.
10. During the prayers part of the church ceremony, what happens to John?
(a) He refuses to pray.
(b) He gives himself up to prayers.
(c) He feels very, very uncomfortable.
(d) He leaves.
11. Why does Jane think that they should not have to use condoms?
(a) She wants to get pregnant.
(b) She is clean and infertile.
(c) She wants to be Sloan's only sex partner.
(d) She is on birth control.
12. What does the end of each episode of My American Wife! have?
(a) A Where Are They Now section.
(b) The wife lists her favorite recipes.
(c) A recap with the wife.
(d) Sociological survey.
13. What is the name of the reality show?
(a) My Japanese Lady!
(b) My Japanese Wife!
(c) My American Lady!
(d) My American Wife!
14. Before the producer calls, what is Jane wondering?
(a) How she will pay her rent.
(b) Where she will move.
(c) How she will pay her employees.
(d) Where she will live.
15. What two cultures make up Jane Takagi-Little?
(a) Japanese and American.
(b) Chinese and Japanese.
(c) Chinese and American.
(d) American and Korean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John think of chitterlings?
2. What will help Akiko regain her fertility?
3. What type of wives must Jane find?
4. After accepting the job, what is Jane feeling?
5. Ruth L. Ozeki is a ____________ like her main character in her first novel.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)