|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she promise to send to the first wife?
(a) A care basket from the network.
(b) Money for appearing on the show.
(c) A tape of the show.
(d) A letter from the producer.
2. What does Jane think of the show criteria?
(a) It is standard.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) It is solid.
(d) It might be racist.
3. What does the end of each episode of My American Wife! have?
(a) A Where Are They Now section.
(b) The wife lists her favorite recipes.
(c) A recap with the wife.
(d) Sociological survey.
4. What must Jane explain to her American employees?
(a) They will be paid a lot of money.
(b) Why she was able to get this job.
(c) The thought process of Japanese producers.
(d) That they should move to Japan.
5. Before the producer calls, what is Jane wondering?
(a) Where she will live.
(b) How she will pay her rent.
(c) Where she will move.
(d) How she will pay her employees.
6. With what does Akiko fall in love in this episode?
(a) R&B music.
(b) Pop music.
(c) Blue grass and country music.
(d) Jazz music.
7. What two cultures make up Jane Takagi-Little?
(a) Chinese and American.
(b) Chinese and Japanese.
(c) Japanese and American.
(d) American and Korean.
8. In Japan, with what is Akiko bored?
(a) Trying to write an article about pregnancy.
(b) Trying to have a baby.
(c) Traveling with her husband.
(d) Seeing all the same society ladies.
9. Why was diethylstilbestrol or DES given to women?
(a) It was used to increase breast size.
(b) It was used to help prevent miscarriages.
(c) It was used to help get women pregnant.
(d) It was used to make their periods lighter.
10. Why does John throw the lamb chops across the room?
(a) He hates pork.
(b) He is just angry at life.
(c) He is mad that Jane had the show air a pork dish.
(d) He is mad that Akiko cooked the dish.
11. Now that John will not let Akiko close the door to the bathroom, what is she losing?
(a) Control over her mind.
(b) Her self respect.
(c) Her will to live.
(d) Control over her body.
12. On what will the show focus?
(a) The couple's different races.
(b) The couple's interesting home.
(c) The couple's two children.
(d) How the couple met and their decision to adopt.
13. What does John think of chitterlings?
(a) He thinks that they are not the type of meat that Japan is promoting.
(b) He does not want to feature African American food.
(c) He loves them but does not think they are appropriate.
(d) He only wants beef products.
14. As a result of the doctor visit, what has happened to John?
(a) He wants to make a baby.
(b) He wants to divorce his wife.
(c) He has fallen deeper in love with his wife.
(d) He has become a compassionate man.
15. What do the doctors think she would never be able to do?
(a) Get pregnant.
(b) Carry a baby.
(c) Have sexual relations.
(d) Carry a baby full-term or get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane get back at John?
2. Initially, what causes Jane to worry about the casting of the show?
3. Why had made Jane think she couldn't have children?
4. With what is John growing more and more dissatisfied?
5. Jane decides to go out drinking so that she will not have to think about the interview with Ms. Helen. What happens after the interview?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)