Prologue and Chapter 1, The Sprouting Month
• The novel starts when Jane gets a call from a friend. She is asked to produce a new show.
• The show is being paid for by a Japanese beef company that wants Japanese women to consume more meat.
• The show is called My American Wife! American housewives will cook recipes with beef.
• Jane is of Japanese and American descent. Sometimes this causes culture clashes.
• Jane ignores that the show's view will be slightly biased.
• She is excited to have a new job because she can now pay the rent.
Chapter 2, The Clothes Lining Month and Chapter 3, The Ever-Growing Month
• Akiko Ueno watches My American Wife! because her husband has asked her to view it.
• He wants her to gain weight so that she can give him a baby.
• Akiko is supposed to watch the shows and fill out the psychological essays.
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)