|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor believed that a patient will only succeed if s/he has which of the following:
(d) A therapist.
2. Reframing often takes hold when the therapist or practitioner ties the facts with which of the following?
(b) Negatibe behavior.
3. The man's focus could easily be referred to as which of the following:
4. Erickson likes to see when patients take everyday events and are able to make ___________ about them.
(a) Special events.
5. What happened to the man who attempted to cross the slippery surface before he met Erickson?
(a) Muscles got tense.
(b) The man would fall.
(c) The man would fall down.
(d) The surface would crack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event did the athlete participate in after following Erickson's advice?
2. There is a lot to be said for which of the following:
3. The author states that there is a lot to be said for which kind of learning?
4. The last person referred to in the text was a woman who indulged in what problem?
5. Taking charge is one way in which a person may be able to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it stated that children are like empty slates? What does that mean?
2. According to Erickson, there is a particular way to overcome limitations. What is the method?
3. How can a person learn from the behaviors and actions of children?
4. Explain how Frankl used the method of reframing in his daily life.
5. Explain how one of Erickson's techniques helped a man to overcome a fear of walking across ice.
6. What is the doctor's opinion on the difference between theory and practice? What ensures the best end result?
7. What was the example used regarding the fact that some people disagree just to disagree?
8. What is one tool that often helps the therapy along, even when the patient is resistant?
9. Describe the story of the woman who continually sabotaged herself and her efforts to lose weight.
10. What is the best way for a person to make accomplishments in his/her life?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)