|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, the author refers to children as being like which of the following:
(a) Empty slates.
(c) Blank paper.
(d) A group of wildflowers.
2. The story of the man who sat in the grass belonged in what profession?
(c) Record producer.
3. It is important for a patient to learn how to combine possibilities with which of the following:
4. Instinct causes people to do what _____.:
(a) Is learned.
(b) Comes naturally.
(c) Others want.
(d) They want to do.
5. The doctor believed that a patient will only succeed if s/he has which of the following:
(c) A therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are some people who may not be able to easily respond to treatment if they tend to:
2. The man's focus could easily be referred to as which of the following:
3. What happened to the man who attempted to cross the slippery surface before he met Erickson?
4. Every time Erickson spoke to the boy he encouraged him to increase which of the following:
5. Taking charge is one way in which a person may be able to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Recap Erickson's example of experiential learning and instinct.
2. Reframing can occur in many different ways. Explain one of the ways in which Erickson uses reframing to help a man who wanted to stop drinking.
3. How can a person learn from the behaviors and actions of children?
4. Describe the story of the woman who continually sabotaged herself and her efforts to lose weight.
5. What is the doctor's opinion on the difference between theory and practice? What ensures the best end result?
6. It is stated that there's a lot to be said for stubbornness. What is the example used regarding stubbornness and illness?
7. Explain the process of "reframing;' and how it changes a person's outlook.
8. Discuss one of Erickson's favorite therapeutic tools regarding everyday observations.
9. Why is it stated that children are like empty slates? What does that mean?
10. What was the example used regarding the fact that some people disagree just to disagree?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)