|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson states that trances can be which of the following?
2. What is one way in which the doctor may be able to break through the patient's issue?
(b) Nothing can be done.
(c) Positive reinforcement.
3. As one gets older, it is common to remember the action but to forget the ____.
4. People will not do anything in a trance that goes against which of the following?
(b) Moral code.
(c) Mother's beliefs.
(d) Religious tenets.
5. What commonly causes athletes to get into their trance states?
Short Answer Questions
1. The student was eventually congratulated for which of the following?
2. Rapport is the way one can develop which of the following?
3. According to Erickson, patients that have been hypnotized tend to take suggestions in which way?
4. By using this particular technique the patient may become aware of information that was previously:
5. Erickson refers to an old adage that says, "It's just like ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Arthur and the professor? What was the conflict?
2. Who is Arthur? Why is Arthur's story important to the text presented by Rosen?
3. What is mentioned as being a way for a patient to block success in treatment? What is one way in which the problem can be solved?
4. Erickson talks about forgotten skills. What does the doctor mean about forgotten skills? What was the example used?
5. The author talks about rapport and relating to another person. Why should one strive to build rapport?
6. What is automatic behavior? How can it be used to help patients?
7. Explain one of the doctor's main tenets of practice and the theory behind it. How does this main tenet work into the patient's overall treatment plan?
8. What does Erickson say about forgetting the skill and the skills one possesses?
9. What kind of information is given to the reader through the use of discussion regarding Erickson's techniques?
10. What does it mean to be in a trance? What kind of person or activity is most likely to experience the state?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)