|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Erickson's target?
(a) Store owner.
2. The doctor uses which technique to uncover hidden behaviors, thoughts and feelings?
(b) Role playing.
(c) Automatic writing.
3. What does the author say is the best way to describe Erickson's approach to working with his patients?
4. What is one way in which the doctor may be able to break through the patient's issue?
(a) Positive reinforcement.
(d) Nothing can be done.
5. What is the name of the person who has annotated Erickson's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor was successful in helping the woman by using which technique?
2. The book refers to a woman who had bouts with what kind of disease?
3. Another way in which a patient may be treated for a particularly difficult problem is by using the tool of:
4. Where did Erickson grow up?
5. The target customer's animals were considered to be the man's ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is mentioned as being a way for a patient to block success in treatment? What is one way in which the problem can be solved?
2. Erickson believes that it may not be necessary to solve an entire problem for the problem to be effectively relived. Explain this theory and to what cases it might best relate.
3. What is the crux and purpose of MY VOICE WILL GO WITH YOU by Sidney Rosen?
4. What does Erickson say about forgetting the skill and the skills one possesses?
5. What is automatic behavior? How can it be used to help patients?
6. Explain one of the doctor's main tenets of practice and the theory behind it. How does this main tenet work into the patient's overall treatment plan?
7. What happened between Arthur and the professor? What was the conflict?
8. What was Arthur's offer to the professor and the dean? What was the result?
9. What kind of information is given to the reader through the use of discussion regarding Erickson's techniques?
10. How did Arthur and the professor handle the situation?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)