|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor was successful in helping the woman by using which technique?
2. Paying attention to others is the best way to ______.
(a) Meet and control.
(b) Understand and relate.
(c) Manipulate and use.
(d) Befriend and bond.
3. What is Erickson's first name?
4. People who can achieve a deep trance state are often experienced in:
(b) Alpha state.
5. Erickson refers to an old adage that says, "It's just like ______."
(a) Riding a bike.
(b) Sleeping like a baby.
(c) Falling off a log.
(d) Catching a mouse.
6. The target customer's animals were considered to be the man's ______.
(a) Cross to bear.
(b) Pride and joy.
(c) Profitable future.
(d) Bane of existence.
7. Athletes in a certain state of mind or trance state often refer to it as being:
(a) On top of the game.
(c) In the zone.
8. Erickson states that trances can be which of the following?
9. The woman was told to use what kind of treatment for her problem?
(a) Sleep on the couch.
(b) Soak in ice water.
(c) Gargle with salt water.
(d) Drink mineral oil.
10. How many surgeries did the woman have to have in order to recover from her problems?
11. The author uses another example of a woman who suffers from:
12. Who was Erickson's target?
(a) Store owner.
13. Where did Erickson grow up?
(c) Inner city.
14. What is the opposite of being in a trance?
(a) Hyper awareness.
15. The doctor believes people can change if only one can:
(a) Push the right buttons.
(b) Gain the patient's respect.
(c) Create a long term plan.
(d) Address one of the bigger issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman had to go to the doctor frequently to get treatments on what part of her body?
2. Rapport is the way one can develop which of the following?
3. People are often willing to do things under hypnosis that they might otherwise consider to be:
4. What is another word for believing something that has no proof or basis in science?
5. The student and the professor had a confrontation about which of the following?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)