|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person that is blocked will most likely not subject himself to which of the following?
2. What type of athlete is most likely to experience the heightened state?
(d) Football player.
3. People who can achieve a deep trance state are often experienced in:
(b) Alpha state.
4. People are often willing to do things under hypnosis that they might otherwise consider to be:
5. By using this particular technique the patient may become aware of information that was previously:
6. The woman would frequently put her hand up to her face to cover the blemish. Erickson refers to this action as being which of the following?
7. What is Erickson's first name?
8. Trauma may be responsible for causing what kind of mental states in a patient?
9. Which of the following may help someone go into a self-induced state?
(b) A bright room.
10. The professor accused the student of doing what?
(b) Cutting class.
(d) Working ahead.
11. Erickson does not believe in using which of the following to get his patients to change?
(b) Mind games.
12. What is it called when a certain place or thing causes a specific reaction?
(c) Reactive behavior.
13. What is another word for believing something that has no proof or basis in science?
14. The author uses another example of a woman who suffers from:
15. The student was able to convince the other men of his innocence by supplying what item?
(b) Letter of recommendation.
(d) Lecture video.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opposite of being in a trance?
2. The author states that the beliefs about trances are:
3. The author states that deep trances are:
4. How many surgeries did the woman have to have in order to recover from her problems?
5. Rapport is the way one can develop which of the following?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)