|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson's methods are designed to help a patient do which of the following?
(a) Set boundaries.
(b) Learn to say no.
(c) Alter behaviors.
(d) Gain self-esteem.
2. The doctor believes in using which of the following as a primary means of treating his patients?
(b) Trance state.
(c) Automatic writing.
(d) Immersion therapy.
3. The student and the professor had a confrontation about which of the following?
4. Erickson's treatments helped the woman to get rid of which problem?
(a) Anxiety attacks.
(c) Muscle spasms.
5. What type of athlete is most likely to experience the heightened state?
(d) Football player.
6. Who was Erickson's target?
(a) Store owner.
7. The woman had to go to the doctor frequently to get treatments on what part of her body?
8. People who can achieve a deep trance state are often experienced in:
(b) Alpha state.
9. The doctor believes people can change if only one can:
(a) Push the right buttons.
(b) Create a long term plan.
(c) Address one of the bigger issues.
(d) Gain the patient's respect.
10. What is another word for believing something that has no proof or basis in science?
11. What is the name of the person who has annotated Erickson's work?
12. According to Erickson, patients that have been hypnotized tend to take suggestions in which way?
13. Erickson discusses a woman who was ashamed of what type of blemish on her skin?
14. In what field did Erickson choose to make a career?
15. People are often willing to do things under hypnosis that they might otherwise consider to be:
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Erickson's job while in college? What kind of salesman was he?
2. What was the main part of the student's system that allowed him to keep remarkable notes?
3. What is it called when a certain place or thing causes a specific reaction?
4. Another way in which a patient may be treated for a particularly difficult problem is by using the tool of:
5. Erickson believes in doing what to help his patients heal?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)