|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the six principles followed by the ethics committee, which one is talked about first?
2. What is Kate's response to Anna, when Anna tells her she is going to stop being her donor?
3. How many victims are involved in the accident to which Brian responds?
4. What animal's eyes does Jesse compare the look in Kate's eye's when she awakens in the hospital?
5. When court is adjourned for the day during the hearing, Anna needs a ride. Who offers her a ride back to the fire station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Brian want to face Judge DeSalvo's decision?
2. Anna gives a reason why Sara doesn't know Kate asks Anna to kill her. What is the reason?
3. Why do Anna and Campbell laugh during the trial?
4. What does Anna say she wants to be in ten years? Why do you think she wants that?
5. What does Sara say about being a mother to Anna in her closing statement?
6. Why are Campbell and Anna arguing before court starts the next day?
7. Why does Izzy think there is hope for Campbell as he leaves with Julia for dinner?
8. Why can't Julia come to a final recommendation about this case?
9. Why does Judge DeSalvo threaten to have Campbell's service dog removed from the courtroom?
10. Why is Anna not at court the morning of the hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various arson situations from the story, including Jesse and Brian's role. Give your reaction to how Brian decides to handle his knowledge of the arsonist's identity.
Essay Topic 2
Towards the end of the story, explain the significance of the rain to Campbell, Jesse, Anna, Brian, and Sara. Support your responses with details from the story. How does the rain signify conclusion/closure for the fire theme that is used throughout the story? Symbolism is something the author uses to represent certain ideas or thoughts. In the story, what does rain symbolize? Use story details to support your statement. Is the symbol used destructively or constructively, meaning does it bring life, bring hope, bring hopelessness or despair?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Kate both go on dates. Discuss Julia's reaction to Anna's date, and Sara's reaction to Kate's. Give a basis for each reaction from the story.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)