|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kate when she is diagnosed with leukemia?
2. Julia observes that Brian's car is filled with ___.
3. What does Jesse use to pull off his braces?
4. At the hospital, after a fire call, where does Brian find Anna?
5. Who gives Julia a hard time about Campbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julia barge into Campbell's office after she is assigned to Anna's case?
2. Why does Brian get so upset when they respond to the girl and boy using drugs?
3. What happens when Sara and Brian go on a dinner date?
4. Why is Anna polishing Campbell's door knob?
5. Why does Campbell run away from Julia after meeting with the judge about the restraining order?
6. Why does Jesse steal and drive a dump truck?
7. Why does Anna compare water evaporating to a soul?
8. Why does Anna pawn her locket?
9. Why does Anna feel she is never sick enough?
10. Why does Kate make her bed before going to the hospital and why is Sara surprised by this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kate, Anna and Jesse all want to be someone else other than who they are. Why? Include details about when they feel this way and why.
Essay Topic 2
Sara wants Anna to do the right thing. What does Sara think that is? Brian wants to do the right thing for both his daughters. How does he go about doing this? What does he think is the right thing? Does he change his mind? More than once? Support responses with story details.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Campbell dread his draw of Judge DeSalvo for Anna's case? What mistake does Sara make when addressing Judge DeSalvo regarding his daughter? In your opinion, how does Judge DeSalvo's loss benefit and/or hinder Anna's case in the long run?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)