|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following a fire call that takes him to the hospital, Brian returns to the fire station and on the rooftop witnesses a ______.
2. What's a four letter word for vessel?
3. How much money do the guys at fire station raise for Kate's bills?
4. According to Anna, what makes you want to crawl back into bed and pretend you have five more minutes to sleep?
5. Anna wonders _____ babies are made.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julia visit Brian at the fire station?
2. Why is Jesse so fascinated with fire?
3. What's it like when Sara takes Kate to the hospital where she is diagnosed with leukemia for the first time?
4. Why does Jesse steal and drive a dump truck?
5. Why does Anna feel she is never sick enough?
6. Why does Campbell take Anna's case?
7. Sara is at the hair salon, when asked about a baby name. Why hasn't she picked one out? What is the reason for the pregnancy?
8. What is a four letter word for vessel and why does Anna respond as such?
9. Why does Julia barge into Campbell's office after she is assigned to Anna's case?
10. Who are Sara and Brian and what do they do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various arson situations from the story, including Jesse and Brian's role. Give your reaction to how Brian decides to handle his knowledge of the arsonist's identity.
Essay Topic 2
The court system is designed to help minors, so that their rights are preserved. In the story, Anna secures her own attorney, the judge assigns a G.A.L. and Anna's attorney files an R.O. on her behalf, all the components designed to help the minor have varied effects. Explain how each persons role, or each persons actions, either hinder or improve the petitioner's case.
Essay Topic 3
Let's take a look at the Fitzgerald Family dynamics. What is Jesse's life like before Kate is diagnosed with leukemia? What changes? What is Anna's life like when Kate is well; when Kate is sick? Discuss the relationship changes that occur during the story between Anna and Jesse, Anna and Kate, Jesse and Kate. How does Kate's illness affect her parents' marriage? Give details to support each response.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)