|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the shed Jesse burns down?
(a) The rat.
(b) The boy.
(d) A family of three.
2. What does Sara call the "steps" she uses to get Anna across Kate's half of their bedroom for lunch?
(a) Stepping stones.
(d) Lily pads.
3. From "Fire Pages" by Carl Sandburg, what is read to tell how fire comes?
(a) Gray lashes.
4. What kind of transplant does Kate need?
(c) Bone marrow.
5. How much is the check Zanne presents for Kate's bills?
Short Answer Questions
1. Izzy lives with Julia and wants to clean Sylvia, which is what?
2. Who flies over bike handlebars and needs 82 stitches?
3. Who tells Anna "tell them you lost it"?
4. Besides horseradish and orange zest, what else does Juli add to the eggs at the fire station?
5. Julia observes that Brian's car is filled with ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jesse so fascinated with fire?
2. Kate and Anna are training for the Guinness book of world records. Why do they end up talking about death?
3. What happens when Jesse meets Julia?
4. After saving someone during a fire call, Brian is upset. Why is he upset? Why does he become a fire fighter?
5. Why does Campbell take Anna's case?
6. Why does Julia barge into Campbell's office after she is assigned to Anna's case?
7. What information tells you Jesse is suicidal?
8. Why does Anna compare water evaporating to a soul?
9. Why does Campbell run away from Julia after meeting with the judge about the restraining order?
10. Who are Sara and Brian and what do they do for a living?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)