|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ayoola plan to tell authorities if she is questioned about the bloody napkin in "Cleaner"?
2. From what hospital room does the scream erupt in "Coma"?
3. What does Gboyega's work revolve around?
4. What game is Yinka playing at the receptionist's desk in the opening of "Friend"?
5. To whom did Muhtar make the request that Korede take over as his primary nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Akigbe and how is he described?
2. Who was the visitor of Ayoola and Korede's father in the flashback in "Father"? Why had he come to visit?
3. Why is Korede's car confiscated by police?
4. Why does Muhtar choose to keep silent about Korede's secrets?
5. What happened when Ayoola and Korede's father brought home a mistress, as detailed through flashback in "Father"?
6. How is police corruption illustrated in "Car"?
7. Who comes forward to implicate Ayoola in Femi's disappearance? How?
8. Why does Korede not tell her mother about Ayoola's actions?
9. How does Korede respond to the revelation of Tade's impending proposal to Ayoola in "Secret"?
10. How does Ayoola respond to the police questions regarding Femi's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Ayoola in My Sister, the Serial Killer. How old is Ayoola? Where does she live? What are her objectives in the story? Does she achieve those objectives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the subplots that involve Korede's coworkers at St. Peter's Hospital. How are these coworkers described? How are they similar and different than Korede? Why are their stories related in the novel and how do they contribute to the main plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss three examples of imagery in the novel. How does the author use similes and metaphors and to what effect? Is onomatopoeia employed? What other sensory observations are described and how have they affected you as a reader?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)