|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "okada" refer to in Nigeria?
(a) A single woman.
(b) A motorcycle taxi.
(c) A guilty person.
(d) A rickshaw.
2. How tall is the eldest and most senior doctor at the hospital said to be in "Head Nurse"?
3. What is Muhtar's answer when Korede asks him at the end of "Family," "Why did you want me to remain here?" (227)?
(a) "Because I love you."
(b) "For your strength."
(c) "For your diplomacy."
(d) "For your hospitality."
4. What word from "Secret" means annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand?
5. On what day did Korede's father die?
6. When does Ayoola return home from her date in "Maga"?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
7. When was the hospital where Korede works founded?
8. What kind of car does Korede drive?
(a) A Hum-Vee.
(b) A Chevrolet Impala.
(c) A Ford Focus.
(d) A Ford Explorer.
9. On what social media platform does Korede find Gboyega's profile in "Research"?
10. What does Gboyega say he gave to Ayoola when talking with Korede in "Maga"?
(a) A small apartment in the city.
(b) The capital for her business.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
11. In what kind of car did the "chief man" leave Ayoola and Korede's home in the flashback in "Friend"?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Hum-Vee.
(c) A Rolls Royce.
(d) A Mercedes Benz.
12. Where does Korede take Ayoola in the house to discuss the impending arrival of the police in "Questions"?
(a) Their father' study.
(b) The south tower.
(c) The dining room.
(d) Their mother's bedroom.
13. Where does Gboyega live with his family?
(a) Festac Town.
(c) Victoria Island.
(d) Banana Island.
14. How is Muhtar's voice described in "Coma"?
(a) High-pitched and weak.
(b) Flowing and lyrical.
(c) Intense and broody.
(d) Deep and resonate.
15. How does Ayoola describe Tade in "Maga"?
(a) Boring and needy.
(b) Overbearing and abusive.
(c) Caring and understanding.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man that Ayoola killed at age 17, according to Korede in "Seventeen"?
2. What color are Ayoola and Korede wearing in "Father"?
3. What musician does Muhtar quote when he says, "The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces" (227)?
4. How is the word "maga" defined in the narrative?
5. What is Ayoola wearing when she meets Peju in the driveway in "Ice Cream"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)