|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korede do with the piano in the end of "Home"?
(a) She plays it.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She sells it.
(d) She cleans it.
2. What is Femi's last name?
3. With what words does Ayoola summon Korede in "Words" (19)?
(a) "I'm in hiding."
(b) "Please help me."
(c) "I'm in danger."
(d) "I killed him."
4. What kind of cake does Tade eat and remark upon at Korede's house in "Bracelet"?
(a) Strawberry cream cake.
(b) Banana cream cake.
(c) German chocolate cake.
(d) Pineapple upside-down cake.
5. Where does Tade say he and his cousin are building a block of flats in "Bracelet"?
(a) Festac Town.
(c) Victoria Island.
6. To what does Korede compare Tade's voice in "Song"?
(a) The moon.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A river.
(d) The wind.
7. Why does the LASTMA agent tell Korede he has stopped her in "Traffic"?
(a) She was speeding.
(b) She turned right on a red light.
(c) She was driving too slow.
(d) She is not wearing her seat belt.
8. What was the profession of Korede's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a policeman.
9. How many naira does Korede give the LASTMA agent to get out of trouble in "Traffic"?
10. What does Korede instruct Ayoola to chop in the kitchen in "Efo"?
11. What does Tade ask Korede for in "Break"?
(a) Korede's phone number.
(b) Her father's address.
(c) Ayoola's phone number.
(d) Her recipe for Sujo.
12. On what floor is Femi's flat?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The sixth floor.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The second floor.
13. Approximately how tall is Korede?
(a) Almost 6' tall.
(b) About 6'2".
(c) About 5'6".
(d) Almost 5' tall.
14. How did Muhtar come to be in a coma?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was shot in a robbery.
(c) He had a stroke.
(d) He had a brain aneurysm.
15. In what room is Muhtar said to be housed at the hospital in "The Patient"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Korede do in Ayoola's room while talking to her in "Flapper"?
2. What is Muhtar's last name?
3. What is Tade's last name?
4. What word in the novel refers to a Nigerian food made from yam or cassava flour?
5. At what time is Korede sitting in traffic in the beginning of "Traffic"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)