|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Head Nurse" – "Family".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aunty Taiwo suggest a venue for the ten-year anniversary of Korede's father's death in "Father"?
(a) Benin City.
2. What word in the novel refers to an African fruit known in English as a white star apple?
(b) Aso ebi.
3. What does Femi ask Korede in "Asleep"?
(a) If having married Ayoola would have been the best thing.
(b) If he will go to heaven.
(c) If he could have done anything differently.
(d) If he deserved to die.
4. What was the profession of Korede's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was a policeman.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a politician.
5. What is Muhtar's answer when Korede asks him at the end of "Family," "Why did you want me to remain here?" (227)?
(a) "Because I love you."
(b) "For your hospitality."
(c) "For your diplomacy."
(d) "For your strength."
Short Answer Questions
1. To what mythological figure does Korede compare her mother in the flashback in "Father"?
2. Who says to Korede in "Mascara," "We both know Ayoola and Tade are meant to be" (120)?
3. What most describes Korede's personality?
4. Who takes the blame for the destroyed flowers in "Roses"?
5. What does Gboyega say he gave to Ayoola when talking with Korede in "Maga"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)