|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of berries did Sam eat while he worked on the deer he found during the hunting season?
2. Where did Sam first get wood when he was chopping?
3. What did Sam hear from the edge of the road as he walked home in "Trouble Begins"?
4. in "I Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow," what does Sam consider a pretty good barometer?
5. What did Sam tell someone to call him in "Trouble Begins"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam describe his day in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
2. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
3. What issues did Sam face when hunting season arrived?
4. What does Sam say is the nicest part of his day in "I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow"?
5. Why didn't Sam light a fire while he worked on the first deer he got that a hunter couldn't find?
6. How did Frightful help Sam gather nuts?
7. Why is winter as exciting as summer - or maybe even more so - for Sam?
8. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
9. How did Sam haul the clay he used for his fireplace?
10. How does Bando serve Sam's dad after the first course of onion soup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several articles are written about a wild boy living in the woods near Delhi. Why does Sam worry about the accounts at first, and then he decides not to concern himself with the reports for now?
Essay Topic 2
Sam was lonely at times. How did Sam deal with his loneliness?
Essay Topic 3
Sam was able to survive the winter without any help. How was Sam able to be so self-sufficient?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)