|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam use to make snowshoes?
2. In "Trouble Begins," where did Sam say he was from when someone in town asked him where he came from?
3. What was Sam about to serve to eat when he heard his dad?
4. How many days did it take Sam to get the fireplace so it didn't smoke him out of his tree?
5. In "We All Learn About Halloween," where did Sam tether Frightful while he gathered nuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about the Baron on October 15?
2. How did Frightful help Sam gather nuts?
3. How did Sam invite his neighbor animals to come to a party for Halloween?
4. What evidence did Warden Jim Handy find of a wild boy, and why did he think the boy went home?
5. How does Sam describe his day in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
6. How does Bando serve Sam's dad after the first course of onion soup?
7. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
8. How did Sam make a deer hide jacket?
9. At the end of the first week of hunting season, how close did Sam get to a hunter?
10. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam had experienced loneliness in the fall. Why didn't Sam experience loneliness in the winter?
Essay Topic 2
Sam started to get sick in January. Why did Sam begin to get sick and how did he heal himself?
Essay Topic 3
Sam nicknamed a weasel he found alive in one of his traps. Why did Sam name the weasel and how did they interact together?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)