|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Bando come to see Sam on Christmas eve?
2. On which page of the paper was the article titled "Boy Reported Living Off Land in Catskills"?
3. After Sam herded raccoons out of his tree during the end of the Halloween party, what animal was watching him?
4. What does Sam use to write his journal?
5. How long after the first day of hunting season was Sam able to cook himself a venison steak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say is the nicest part of his day in "I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow"?
2. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
3. What issues did Sam face when hunting season arrived?
4. How does Bando serve Sam's dad after the first course of onion soup?
5. What was different about the Baron on October 15?
6. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
7. What evidence did Warden Jim Handy find of a wild boy, and why did he think the boy went home?
8. How does Sam describe his day in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
9. What preparations does Sam make for Christmas dinner when Bando will come?
10. In "The Autumn Provides Food and Loneliness," what did Sam gather as he pushed his raft down the stream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam was able to survive the winter without any help. How was Sam able to be so self-sufficient?
Essay Topic 2
Sam got a deer that was killed by a poacher. How did a poacher inadvertently help Sam?
Essay Topic 3
Sam decided to throw a Halloween party for his animal neighbors. Why after the party was over, did Sam decide he would never again feed his animal neighbors?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)