|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam name after people he knew on Third Street in New York?
2. Where did Sam's gang used to dump trashcans in New York City during Halloween?
3. What type of plants does Sam intend to serve over snowballs for dessert when Bando comes back?
4. At the end of "Trouble Begins," what did Sam realize he needed to do?
5. In "We All Learn About Halloween," where did Sam tether Frightful while he gathered nuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam invite his neighbor animals to come to a party for Halloween?
2. In "The Autumn Provides Food and Loneliness," what did Sam gather as he pushed his raft down the stream?
3. What does Bando say shows that Sam has been busy since Bando left?
4. How are the chickadees like people that Sam knew on Third Avenue in New York?
5. What made Sam realize that he needed ventilation when he used his furnace?
6. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
7. What mess was made inside Sam's tree house when he had the Halloween party for his animal neighbors?
8. How did Sam make a deer hide jacket?
9. What evidence did Warden Jim Handy find of a wild boy, and why did he think the boy went home?
10. How did Frightful help Sam gather nuts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam had a lot of difficulties when he first came to the mountain. How did Sam's limited knowledge of the wilderness and living in the wilderness cause him difficulties when he first came to the mountain?
Essay Topic 2
Sam got a deer that was killed by a poacher. How did a poacher inadvertently help Sam?
Essay Topic 3
Sam had experienced loneliness in the fall. Why didn't Sam experience loneliness in the winter?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)