|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Find a Real Man," what did the man want to call Sam?
2. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what did Sam use to make salt?
3. How large in diameter was the tree that housed Sam's tree home?
4. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
5. Where did Sam live before he moved to the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam get a deer in "How a Door Came to Me"?
2. What did a book that Sam read suggest to do to find edible plants?
3. In "The King's Provider," what did Sam study at the library?
4. Why did Sam think the fire warden came to his tree home area in "The First Man Who Was After Me"?
5. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
6. How did Sam get a falcon?
7. What did Sam find on his Great-grandfather's farm when he went exploring?
8. Why did Sam have trouble getting tannic acid to tan his deer hide and how did he finally get it in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
9. Who was Bando and how did he happen to be sleeping in the woods?
10. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam had a lot of difficulties when he first came to the mountain. How did Sam's limited knowledge of the wilderness and living in the wilderness cause him difficulties when he first came to the mountain?
Essay Topic 2
Sam's father said that Gribley's weren't made to live on the land. Why didn't Sam's father think that Sam could make it living off the land?
Essay Topic 3
Sam found a man sleeping near his tree that he nicknamed Bando. How did a relationship develop between Sam and Bando?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)