|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date at the beginning of "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
2. in "I Find a Real Man," what did Sam hear before he found a man in the woods?
3. How many brothers does Sam have?
4. In what type of tree is Sam's tree home?
5. What used to be Sam's Dad's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sam left New York, what did he take with him?
2. What did Sam find on his Great-grandfather's farm when he went exploring?
3. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
4. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
5. Why did Sam disagree with most people who said that trout were hard to catch?
6. How did Sam make salt in "I Learn to Season My Food"?
7. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
8. How did Sam make a home on his mountain?
9. How did Sam describe the spring by his tree?
10. How did Sam describe the Jack-in-the-pulpit and how to eat it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam decided to throw a Halloween party for his animal neighbors. Why after the party was over, did Sam decide he would never again feed his animal neighbors?
Essay Topic 2
Sam got a deer that was killed by a poacher. How did a poacher inadvertently help Sam?
Essay Topic 3
Sam nicknamed a weasel he found alive in one of his traps. Why did Sam name the weasel and how did they interact together?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)