|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees did Sam find when he first found his family's farm?
2. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
3. "In the King's Provider," what does Sam have for breakfast?
4. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say his father does for a living?
5. In what mountain range does Sam live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam make salt in "I Learn to Season My Food"?
2. What did a book that Sam read suggest to do to find edible plants?
3. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
4. What did Sam find on his Great-grandfather's farm when he went exploring?
5. What did Frightful look like when Sam first got her?
6. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
7. Once Sam's home was done, what did he do on warm evenings?
8. When Sam left New York, what did he take with him?
9. How did Sam make a home on his mountain?
10. How did Sam get the first fish he caught cooked and learn how to start a fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam worked hard to prepare for winter. What preparations did Sam make for winter and were they enough?
Essay Topic 2
Sam got a deer that was killed by a poacher. How did a poacher inadvertently help Sam?
Essay Topic 3
Sam decided to throw a Halloween party for his animal neighbors. Why after the party was over, did Sam decide he would never again feed his animal neighbors?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)