|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
2. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
3. in "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," who was the man that came to Sam's tree home?
4. What type of bird did Sam hear in "I Meet One of My Own Kind," when he was helping an old lady?
5. How long does the blizzard last that Sam writes about in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam describe the spring by his tree?
2. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
3. How did Sam get the first fish he caught cooked and learn how to start a fire?
4. What did Frightful look like when Sam first got her?
5. How did Sam find the old Gribley farm?
6. How did Sam make salt in "I Learn to Season My Food"?
7. When Sam left New York, what did he take with him?
8. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
9. How did Sam describe the Jack-in-the-pulpit and how to eat it?
10. How did Sam like to eat frogs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, Sam states that he is not a runaway any longer. Why isn't Sam a runaway by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sam found a man sleeping near his tree that he nicknamed Bando. How did a relationship develop between Sam and Bando?
Essay Topic 3
Sam had experienced loneliness in the fall. Why didn't Sam experience loneliness in the winter?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)