|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam make for a present for Bando for Christmas?
(a) Fish hooks.
(b) Deer-hide moccasins.
(c) Bow and arrows.
2. On which page of the paper was the article titled "Boy Reported Living Off Land in Catskills"?
3. What did Sam eat the night after he left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors?
(a) Rabbit and wild potatoes.
(b) Fish in leaves and wild rice.
(c) Fish stew.
(d) Venison and acorn pancakes.
4. In "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what is one way that Sam gets food when the creek is frozen?
(a) Ice fishing.
(b) Frightful would kill small game.
(c) He would trap small game.
(d) From his storehouse.
5. What does Sam eat for breakfast in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
(a) Pancakes and jam.
(b) Turtle soup.
(d) Apples and nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. "In I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what time does Sam go back to his tree home after foraging for food?
2. After Sam herded raccoons out of his tree during the end of the Halloween party, what animal was watching him?
3. How many days did it take Sam to get the fireplace so it didn't smoke him out of his tree?
4. In "Trouble Begins" as Sam walked home, what were silent?
5. What type of plants does Sam intend to serve over snowballs for dessert when Bando comes back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence did Warden Jim Handy find of a wild boy, and why did he think the boy went home?
2. What does Bando say shows that Sam has been busy since Bando left?
3. How did Sam and Frightful like the crickets in the meadow in "The Autumn Provides Food and Loneliness"?
4. How are the chickadees like people that Sam knew on Third Avenue in New York?
5. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
6. Why is winter as exciting as summer - or maybe even more so - for Sam?
7. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
8. How does Bando serve Sam's dad after the first course of onion soup?
9. How did Frightful help Sam gather nuts?
10. How did Sam make a deer hide jacket?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)