|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Trouble Begins," where did Sam say he was from when someone in town asked him where he came from?
(a) The library.
(b) The city.
(c) A farm.
(d) A stage production.
2. What do Sam and Bando eat for dinner in "I Learn About Birds and People"?
(a) Turtle stew.
(c) Venison steaks.
(d) Smoked fish.
3. What does Frightful catch for herself the day after Christmas?
4. The night after Sam left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, who came and ate some smoked rabbit?
5. Where do some of the birds spend winter nights?
(a) Tree cavity.
(b) Leaf nests.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam set up Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, what did he have for lunch the next day?
2. What was the person wearing in "Trouble Begins," who asked Sam about his suit?
3. What did Sam decide he had accomplished by going to town in "Trouble Begins"?
4. What did the Baron eat in "We All Learn About Halloween"?
5. In "I Learn About Birds and People," when did Sam think people would be back looking for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the chickadees like people that Sam knew on Third Avenue in New York?
2. What was different about the Baron on October 15?
3. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
4. At the end of the first week of hunting season, how close did Sam get to a hunter?
5. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
6. How did Sam haul the clay he used for his fireplace?
7. What does Bando say shows that Sam has been busy since Bando left?
8. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
9. What issues did Sam face when hunting season arrived?
10. Why is winter as exciting as summer - or maybe even more so - for Sam?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)