|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sam's dad leave the mountain?
(a) 2 days after Christmas.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Day after New Year's.
(d) 4 days after Christmas.
2. What do Sam and Bando eat for dessert in "I Learn About BIrds and People"?
(a) Toasted hickory nuts.
(b) Walnuts and jam.
(c) Pancakes and blueberry syrup.
(d) Teaberry snowballs.
3. What does Sam make for a present for Bando for Christmas?
(b) Deer-hide moccasins.
(c) Bow and arrows.
(d) Fish hooks.
4. In "Trouble Begins," where did Sam say he was from when someone in town asked him where he came from?
(a) A farm.
(b) The library.
(c) The city.
(d) A stage production.
5. In "I Learn About Birds and People," what is a song that Bando and Sam play on the willow whistles?
(a) Jingle Bells.
(b) Holy NIght.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) O Come All Ye Faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam hide while a hunter looked for his deer in "I Find Out What to Do with Hunters"?
2. Who does Bando quote as he carves the steak on Christmas day?
3. Who did Sam stop from running away in "Trouble Begins"?
4. What does Sam use to make snowshoes?
5. What was Sam about to serve to eat when he heard his dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
2. What made Sam realize that he needed ventilation when he used his furnace?
3. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
4. Why is winter as exciting as summer - or maybe even more so - for Sam?
5. What does Bando say shows that Sam has been busy since Bando left?
6. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
7. What does Sam say is the nicest part of his day in "I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow"?
8. How did Frightful help Sam gather nuts?
9. Why didn't Sam light a fire while he worked on the first deer he got that a hunter couldn't find?
10. How did Sam make a deer hide jacket?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)