|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of the newspaper article where Mrs. Fielder talked about meeting Sam?
(a) November 18.
(b) November 23.
(c) October 12.
(d) October 29.
2. What did Sam hear from the edge of the road as he walked home in "Trouble Begins"?
3. What did Sam tell someone to call him in "Trouble Begins"?
(b) Lone Ranger.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Davy Crockett.
4. What do Sam and Bando eat for dinner in "I Learn About Birds and People"?
(a) Smoked fish.
(b) Turtle stew.
(d) Venison steaks.
5. How many days did it take Sam to soak the honey locust beans?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which page of the paper was the article titled "Boy Reported Living Off Land in Catskills"?
2. What does Sam eat for breakfast in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
3. How long had Mrs. Fielder lived in Delhi?
4. What did Sam call the person he met in town in "Trouble Begins"?
5. Where did Sam first get wood when he was chopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about the Baron on October 15?
2. How are the chickadees like people that Sam knew on Third Avenue in New York?
3. What preparations does Sam make for Christmas dinner when Bando will come?
4. How did Sam invite his neighbor animals to come to a party for Halloween?
5. Why is winter as exciting as summer - or maybe even more so - for Sam?
6. Where does Sam get wood and store it in "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
7. How did Sam make a deer hide jacket?
8. What evidence did Warden Jim Handy find of a wild boy, and why did he think the boy went home?
9. How does Sam's dad greet him when he comes to see Sam?
10. How is Sam described by Mrs. Fielder in an article written about a wild boy in the mountains?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)