|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Learn to Season My Food," where did Sam spend the day when he still couldn't go home because the man was still by his tree?
(c) Bill's place.
(d) Old homestead.
2. What used to be Sam's Dad's occupation?
3. When did Sam come across the tree and make a home inside it?
(a) Last summer.
(b) End of winter.
(c) This autumn.
(d) Last spring.
4. What did Sam say was the best wood to smoke and preserve fish?
5. In "Frightful Learns Her ABCs," what did Sam use to carry things he gathered?
(a) Old backpack.
(b) Old sweater.
(c) Woven basket.
(d) Leg from old pair of pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees did Sam find when he first found his family's farm?
2. How high was the fireplace in Sam's tree home?
3. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
4. What was the temperature in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
5. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
2. What did Sam find on his Great-grandfather's farm when he went exploring?
3. Why did Sam disagree with most people who said that trout were hard to catch?
4. Who was Bando and how did he happen to be sleeping in the woods?
5. What did a book that Sam read suggest to do to find edible plants?
6. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
7. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
8. How did Sam describe the Jack-in-the-pulpit and how to eat it?
9. How did Sam make salt in "I Learn to Season My Food"?
10. What did Sam find that seemed to be the foundation of the old house and what did he find there?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)