|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Sam's family had owned land in the Catskill Mountains?
(a) Great-uncle Gribley.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) Great-grandfather Gribley.
2. How did Sam get to the mountains from his home?
(d) Father drove him.
3. Where did Sam live before he moved to the mountains?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
4. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
(a) 8 minutes.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
5. How large in diameter was the tree that housed Sam's tree home?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 6 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam use for soap when he bathed in the spring?
2. How many sisters does Sam have?
3. In I Find a Real Man," what was Sam's favorite tea?
4. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what did Sam find in a trap?
5. In "I Find a Real Man," what did the man want to call Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sam left New York, what did he take with him?
2. How did Sam make a home on his mountain?
3. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
4. What did Sam find that seemed to be the foundation of the old house and what did he find there?
5. How did Sam get a deer in "How a Door Came to Me"?
6. Why did Sam build a house that could not be seen?
7. In "The King's Provider," what did Sam study at the library?
8. What did a book that Sam read suggest to do to find edible plants?
9. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
10. How did Sam find the old Gribley farm?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)