|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In I Find a Real Man," what was Sam's favorite tea?
(a) Slippery Elm.
2. How high was the fireplace in Sam's tree home?
(a) 4 feet.
(b) Shoulder high.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) Knee high.
3. How many falcon babies were in the nest when Sam took one of the nestlings?
4. In "I Learn to Season My Food," where did Sam spend the day when he still couldn't go home because the man was still by his tree?
(a) Old homestead.
(b) Bill's place.
5. In "Frightful Learns Her ABCs," what would eat the food that Sam left for The Baron Weasel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam use for a calendar?
2. What did Sam say was the best wood to smoke and preserve fish?
3. What was the temperature in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
4. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what did Sam find in a trap?
5. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam describe the spring by his tree?
2. How did Sam make salt in "I Learn to Season My Food"?
3. When Sam left New York, what did he take with him?
4. Who was Bando and how did he happen to be sleeping in the woods?
5. How did Sam get the first fish he caught cooked and learn how to start a fire?
6. Why did Sam think the fire warden came to his tree home area in "The First Man Who Was After Me"?
7. How did Sam get a deer in "How a Door Came to Me"?
8. How did Sam get a falcon?
9. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
10. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)