|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The King's Provider," what did Sam eat after he left the library?
(d) May apples.
2. How did Sam get to the mountains from his home?
(b) Father drove him.
3. Where did Sam know that he could get tannic acid to tan the hide of the deer that the poacher shot in "How a Door Came to Me"?
(a) Pine tree.
(b) Spruce tree.
(c) Walnut tree.
(d) Oak tree.
4. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
(c) Dogtooth violets.
5. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
(a) New clothes.
(d) Better food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In I Find a Real Man," what was Sam's favorite tea?
2. In August what did Sam find made a good flour?
3. What day did Sam decide to build a pit for a deer to catch one?
4. What did Sam use for a calendar?
5. When did Sam come across the tree and make a home inside it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sam find that seemed to be the foundation of the old house and what did he find there?
2. How did Sam like to eat frogs?
3. What did Miss Turner do for Sam before he left in "The King's Provider?"
4. How did Sam get the first fish he caught cooked and learn how to start a fire?
5. How did Sam make a home on his mountain?
6. How did Sam find the old Gribley farm?
7. Why did Sam think the fire warden came to his tree home area in "The First Man Who Was After Me"?
8. In "The Old, Old Tree," how did Sam boil water and an egg?
9. Who was Bando and how did he happen to be sleeping in the woods?
10. How did Sam get a falcon?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)