|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Learn About Birds and People," when did Sam think people would be back looking for him?
2. In "Trouble Begins" as Sam walked home, what were silent?
(d) Blue jays.
3. Where does Sam have to hole up once when he gets lost in a blizzard?
(a) Rock ledge.
(c) In a snow cave.
(d) Another tree.
4. At the end of "Trouble Begins," what did Sam realize he needed to do?
(a) Dry more food.
(b) Harvest more notes.
(c) Cut firewood.
(d) Make gloves.
5. What did Sam use to hold up the funnel and finish his fireplace?
(a) A metal hinge.
(b) An old axle.
(c) An old brick.
(d) Flat stone.
6. How long had Mrs. Fielder lived in Delhi?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 97 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 82 years.
7. What did the Baron eat in "We All Learn About Halloween"?
(a) Turtle soup.
(c) Rabbit soup.
8. In "Trouble Begins," where did Sam say he was from when someone in town asked him where he came from?
(a) The library.
(b) The city.
(c) A stage production.
(d) A farm.
9. What did Sam decide he had accomplished by going to town in "Trouble Begins"?
(a) Found some good books.
(b) Got some staples.
(c) Made a friend.
(d) Got a pair of boots.
10. At the beginning of "Trouble Begins," what was the date?
(a) November 15.
(b) November 23.
(c) November 5.
(d) November 30.
11. How close did Sam put his pile of wood to his tree house?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) Arm's length.
(c) 2 arms lengths.
(d) 3 feet.
12. What does Frightful catch for herself the day after Christmas?
13. in "I Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow," what does Sam consider a pretty good barometer?
(a) Jessie Coon James.
(c) The Baron.
14. The night after Sam left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, who came and ate some smoked rabbit?
15. On what day did Baron Weasel look moldy?
(a) October 5.
(b) September 11.
(c) September 30.
(d) October 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam eat for breakfast in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter"?
2. What did Sam eat the night after he left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors?
3. What did Sam call the person he met in town in "Trouble Begins"?
4. What does Sam add to his pancakes to improve them?
5. Who did Sam stop from running away in "Trouble Begins"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)