|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam name after people he knew on Third Street in New York?
2. What does Sam make for a present for Bando for Christmas?
(a) Fish hooks.
(c) Bow and arrows.
(d) Deer-hide moccasins.
3. In "We All Learn About Halloween," where did Sam tether Frightful while he gathered nuts?
(a) An old log.
(b) Hickory tree.
(c) Walnut tree.
(d) An old fence post.
4. "In I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what time does Sam go back to his tree home after foraging for food?
(b) 2 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
5. What did Sam decide to use to make a fireplace for his home?
(d) Old barrel.
6. How close did Sam put his pile of wood to his tree house?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 2 arms lengths.
(d) Arm's length.
7. At the end of "Trouble Begins," what did Sam realize he needed to do?
(a) Harvest more notes.
(b) Dry more food.
(c) Cut firewood.
(d) Make gloves.
8. Where does Sam have to hole up once when he gets lost in a blizzard?
(b) Another tree.
(c) Rock ledge.
(d) In a snow cave.
9. On what day did Baron Weasel look moldy?
(a) October 5.
(b) September 30.
(c) October 15.
(d) September 11.
10. In "I Learn About Birds and People," what is a song that Bando and Sam play on the willow whistles?
(a) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(b) Silent Night.
(c) Holy NIght.
(d) Jingle Bells.
11. How old was Mrs. Thomas Fielder?
12. In "I PIle Up Wood and Go on with Winter," what did Sam hear that made him feel he had time to chop wood?
(a) Nuthatches and chickadees.
(b) Robins and jays.
13. In "We All Learn About Halloween," how long had Sam been going up and down the mountain to see if the walnuts and hickory nuts were ripe?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) A week.
14. What did Sam use to haul the materials to make his fireplace?
(b) Deer skin.
(c) Old pair of city pants.
15. What do Sam and Bando eat for dinner in "I Learn About Birds and People"?
(b) Turtle stew.
(c) Venison steaks.
(d) Smoked fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. On November 1, what did the moon look like?
2. In "Trouble Begins" as Sam walked home, what were silent?
3. What do Sam and Bando eat for dessert in "I Learn About BIrds and People"?
4. In "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what is one way that Sam gets food when the creek is frozen?
5. How long had Mrs. Fielder lived in Delhi?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)