|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam call the person he met in town in "Trouble Begins"?
(a) Mr. Jacket.
(c) Mr. White Shirt.
2. How close did Sam put his pile of wood to his tree house?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 2 arms lengths.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) Arm's length.
3. What does Sam use to make snowshoes?
4. When does Sam's dad leave the mountain?
(a) 4 days after Christmas.
(b) Day after New Year's.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) 2 days after Christmas.
5. What did Sam eat the night after he left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors?
(a) Rabbit and wild potatoes.
(b) Fish in leaves and wild rice.
(c) Venison and acorn pancakes.
(d) Fish stew.
6. Where did Sam's father think Sam would have been living?
(a) An old shed.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) An old barn.
(d) A cave.
7. How many lost deer was Sam able to retrieve during the hunting season?
8. What does Frightful catch for herself the day after Christmas?
9. What does Sam name after people he knew on Third Street in New York?
10. What was the date of the newspaper article where Mrs. Fielder talked about meeting Sam?
(a) October 12.
(b) November 23.
(c) November 18.
(d) October 29.
11. When Sam went to town in "Trouble Begins," who asked him about his suit?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The druggist.
(c) A boy about his age.
(d) Miss Turner.
12. In "We All Learn About Halloween," how long had Sam been going up and down the mountain to see if the walnuts and hickory nuts were ripe?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) 8 days.
13. The night after Sam left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, who came and ate some smoked rabbit?
14. What time does Bando come to see Sam on Christmas eve?
15. At the end of "Trouble Begins," what did Sam realize he needed to do?
(a) Make gloves.
(b) Harvest more notes.
(c) Dry more food.
(d) Cut firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Bando eat for dessert in "I Learn About BIrds and People"?
2. Where do some of the birds spend winter nights?
3. What was the person wearing in "Trouble Begins," who asked Sam about his suit?
4. What color were the aspen leaves in September?
5. How old was Mrs. Thomas Fielder?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)