|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did Sam decide to harvest nuts?
(a) October 30.
(b) November 12.
(c) October 28.
(d) November 3.
2. Where does Sam have to hole up once when he gets lost in a blizzard?
(b) In a snow cave.
(c) Rock ledge.
(d) Another tree.
3. How many days did it take Sam to get the fireplace so it didn't smoke him out of his tree?
4. What did the Baron eat in "We All Learn About Halloween"?
(b) Turtle soup.
(d) Rabbit soup.
5. When does Sam's dad leave the mountain?
(a) 4 days after Christmas.
(b) 2 days after Christmas.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Day after New Year's.
6. What does Sam name after people he knew on Third Street in New York?
7. When Sam went into town in "Trouble Begins," where did someone think Sam was from?
(d) New York.
8. What did Sam eat the night after he left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors?
(a) Fish stew.
(b) Venison and acorn pancakes.
(c) Fish in leaves and wild rice.
(d) Rabbit and wild potatoes.
9. What type of berries did Sam eat while he worked on the deer he found during the hunting season?
(c) Hawthorn berries.
10. What did Sam hear from the edge of the road as he walked home in "Trouble Begins"?
11. What was Sam about to serve to eat when he heard his dad?
(a) Onion soup.
(b) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Venison steaks.
(d) Acorn pancakes.
12. On what day did Baron Weasel look moldy?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 11.
(c) October 5.
(d) October 15.
13. Who does Bando quote as he carves the steak on Christmas day?
14. When Sam went to town in "Trouble Begins," who asked him about his suit?
(a) A boy about his age.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Miss Turner.
(d) The druggist.
15. In "The Autumn Provides Food and Loneliness," what scared the loneliness out of Sam?
(b) A rifle shot.
(d) Jessie Coon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam hide while a hunter looked for his deer in "I Find Out What to Do with Hunters"?
2. The night after Sam left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, who came and ate some smoked rabbit?
3. What does Sam use to make snowshoes?
4. What did Sam tell someone to call him in "Trouble Begins"?
5. In "I Learn About Birds and People," what is a song that Bando and Sam play on the willow whistles?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)