|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plants does Sam intend to serve over snowballs for dessert when Bando comes back?
2. The night after Sam left Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, who came and ate some smoked rabbit?
3. What do Sam and Bando eat for dinner in "I Learn About Birds and People"?
(a) Venison steaks.
(c) Smoked fish.
(d) Turtle stew.
4. "In I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what time does Sam go back to his tree home after foraging for food?
(a) 2 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
5. What does Frightful catch for herself the day after Christmas?
6. In "I Learn About Birds and People," when did Sam think people would be back looking for him?
7. What does Sam add to his pancakes to improve them?
(a) Hickory nuts.
(b) Dried blueberries.
(d) Dried apples.
8. Where do some of the birds spend winter nights?
(c) Tree cavity.
(d) Leaf nests.
9. What was the person wearing in "Trouble Begins," who asked Sam about his suit?
(a) Overalls and a flannel shirt.
(b) Black slacks and a white shirt.
(c) Gray pants and a white shirt.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
10. What did Sam use to hold up the funnel and finish his fireplace?
(a) Flat stone.
(b) A metal hinge.
(c) An old brick.
(d) An old axle.
11. What was Sam about to serve to eat when he heard his dad?
(a) Venison steaks.
(b) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Onion soup.
(d) Acorn pancakes.
12. In "Trouble Begins" as Sam walked home, what were silent?
(c) Blue jays.
13. In "The Autumn Provides Food and Loneliness," what scared the loneliness out of Sam?
(a) Jessie Coon.
(b) A rifle shot.
14. Who does Bando quote as he carves the steak on Christmas day?
15. What did Sam decide he had accomplished by going to town in "Trouble Begins"?
(a) Got some staples.
(b) Got a pair of boots.
(c) Made a friend.
(d) Found some good books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam hide while a hunter looked for his deer in "I Find Out What to Do with Hunters"?
2. What type of tea did Bando and Sam drink on Christmas day?
3. in "I Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow," what does Sam consider a pretty good barometer?
4. When Sam went into town in "Trouble Begins," where did someone think Sam was from?
5. As Sam watched the sky in "I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter," what did the sky look like?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)