|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Sam have?
2. When did Sam come across the tree and make a home inside it?
(a) End of winter.
(b) This autumn.
(c) Last spring.
(d) Last summer.
3. What was the temperature in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
(a) 11 degrees.
(b) -8 degrees.
(c) Just below freezing.
(d) Below zero.
4. In what type of tree is Sam's tree home?
5. What used to be Sam's Dad's occupation?
6. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say his father does for a living?
(a) Works on the docks.
(b) Works in a factory.
(c) Runs a street sweeper.
(d) Is a garbage collector.
7. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
(a) Beech with Gribley carved on it.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) A carved stone.
(d) Oak with Gribley carved on it.
8. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
(c) Mr. Riley's three-legged dog.
9. What day did Sam decide to build a pit for a deer to catch one?
(a) June 30.
(b) June 1.
(c) June 18.
(d) June 20.
10. What did everyone do when Sam told them his plans to live in the mountains?
(a) Told him he was crazy.
(b) Tried to get him to change his mind.
11. How fast can a falcon fly?
(a) 15-20 miles an hour.
(b) 40-45 miles an hour.
(c) 50-60 miles an hour.
(d) 5-10 miles an hour.
12. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
(b) Dogtooth violets.
13. How did Sam get to the mountains from his home?
(c) Father drove him.
14. What does Sam describe carving in "I Get Started on This Venture"?
(a) Spear head.
(b) Fish hook.
15. In I Find a Real Man," what was Sam's favorite tea?
(d) Slippery Elm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
2. How many days did Sam have to let a deer skin steep in tannic acid in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
3. What type of trees did Sam find when he first found his family's farm?
4. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
5. How many knotholes did Sam chipped out to allow fresh air in?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)