|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird did Sam hear in "I Meet One of My Own Kind," when he was helping an old lady?
(a) Duck hawk.
(d) Peregrine falcon.
2. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what did Sam use to make salt?
(a) Apple twigs.
(c) Hickory sticks.
3. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Better food.
4. What was the first prey that Frightful caught when Sam was training her?
5. When Sam climbed down from the falcon nest with a baby falcon, where did he put Frightful?
(a) Hollow log.
(b) Nest of buttercups.
(c) Nest of dried leaves.
(d) A hole under a tree root.
6. Where did Sam know that he could get tannic acid to tan the hide of the deer that the poacher shot in "How a Door Came to Me"?
(a) Walnut tree.
(b) Oak tree.
(c) Pine tree.
(d) Spruce tree.
7. How many brothers does Sam have?
8. in "I Find a Real Man," what did Sam hear before he found a man in the woods?
(c) Trampling of feet.
(d) Police siren.
9. Who in Sam's family had owned land in the Catskill Mountains?
(a) Great-uncle Gribley.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Great-grandfather Gribley.
(d) His father.
10. What did Sam carve once that his teacher exhibited for parents' night at school?
11. What day did Sam decide to build a pit for a deer to catch one?
(a) June 30.
(b) June 1.
(c) June 18.
(d) June 20.
12. What did Sam use for soap when he bathed in the spring?
(a) Horse chestnut.
(d) Slippery elm.
13. What did Sam use for a calendar?
(a) Birch branch.
(b) Maple pole.
(c) Aspen pole.
(d) Oak branch.
14. "In the King's Provider" after Sam left the library and cooked some food, how long did he have to wait to see the falcons?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
15. How many days did Sam have to let a deer skin steep in tannic acid in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," how long has it been since Sam ran away from home?
2. Who taught Sam how to make fire when he first got to the mountains?
3. How many sisters does Sam have?
4. Where does The Baron live?
5. When Sam first came to the woods that became his home, how far did he walk before he found a stream?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)