|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Frightful Learns Her ABCs," what would eat the food that Sam left for The Baron Weasel?
2. When Sam climbed down from the falcon nest with a baby falcon, where did he put Frightful?
(a) A hole under a tree root.
(b) Hollow log.
(c) Nest of buttercups.
(d) Nest of dried leaves.
3. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
(a) Boat bound for Hong Kong.
(b) Boat bound for Singapore.
(c) New York.
4. What did Sam carve once that his teacher exhibited for parents' night at school?
5. What was the date at the beginning of "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
(a) January 122.
(b) December 12.
(c) December 4 or 5.
(d) January 1 or 2.
6. How many minutes did Sam have to clean up in "How a Door Came to Me" after he found a dead deer?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
7. How fast can a falcon fly?
(a) 5-10 miles an hour.
(b) 50-60 miles an hour.
(c) 40-45 miles an hour.
(d) 15-20 miles an hour.
8. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
(b) Dogtooth violets.
9. What day did Sam decide to build a pit for a deer to catch one?
(a) June 1.
(b) June 18.
(c) June 20.
(d) June 30.
10. In "I Meet One of My Own Kind," what did an old lady want Sam to help her do?
(a) Pick strawberries.
(b) Pick blueberries.
(c) Gather eggs.
(d) Gather mushrooms.
11. What used to be Sam's Dad's occupation?
12. How much of a hike was it up the mountain for hikers who wanted to see the gorge?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
13. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
(b) New clothes.
(d) Better food.
14. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
15. In "I Hole up in a Snowstorm," what time was it when Sam noticed it was dark and very quiet in the forest?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird did Sam hear in "I Meet One of My Own Kind," when he was helping an old lady?
2. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
3. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
4. "In the King's Provider," what does Sam have for breakfast?
5. What did Sam use for soap when he bathed in the spring?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)