|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Frightful Learns her ABCs," what was one of Sam's favorite meals?
2. What type of food was Jessie James Coon an expert at digging out?
3. In "I Hole up in a Snowstorm," what time was it when Sam noticed it was dark and very quiet in the forest?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
4. Where did Sam know that he could get tannic acid to tan the hide of the deer that the poacher shot in "How a Door Came to Me"?
(a) Spruce tree.
(b) Pine tree.
(c) Walnut tree.
(d) Oak tree.
5. in "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," who was the man that came to Sam's tree home?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Fire warden.
(d) Game warden.
6. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
(b) Mr. Riley's three-legged dog.
7. "In the King's Provider," what does Sam have for breakfast?
(a) Arrow-leaf and mussels.
(b) Acorn pancakes and jam.
(d) May apples and peppermint tea.
8. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what did Sam use to make salt?
(a) Apple twigs.
(c) Hickory sticks.
9. How many brothers does Sam have?
10. What covered Sam's bed in his tree home?
(c) Bear skin.
11. What day did Sam decide to build a pit for a deer to catch one?
(a) June 1.
(b) June 20.
(c) June 30.
(d) June 18.
12. What was the date at the beginning of "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
(a) December 4 or 5.
(b) January 1 or 2.
(c) December 12.
(d) January 122.
13. How long does the blizzard last that Sam writes about in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 24 hours.
14. When Sam climbed down from the falcon nest with a baby falcon, where did he put Frightful?
(a) Nest of buttercups.
(b) Hollow log.
(c) Nest of dried leaves.
(d) A hole under a tree root.
15. In "I Find a Real Man," what did the man want to call Sam?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
2. Who taught Sam how to make fire when he first got to the mountains?
3. How did Sam get to the mountains from his home?
4. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
5. In what type of tree is Sam's tree home?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)