|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in "I Find a Real Man," what did Sam hear before he found a man in the woods?
(c) Police siren.
(d) Trampling of feet.
2. What was the first prey that Frightful caught when Sam was training her?
3. in "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," who was the man that came to Sam's tree home?
(a) Game warden.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Fire warden.
4. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
(a) New clothes.
(d) Better food.
5. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
(a) A carved stone.
(b) Oak with Gribley carved on it.
(c) Beech with Gribley carved on it.
(d) A stone wall.
6. "In the King's Provider" after Sam left the library and cooked some food, how long did he have to wait to see the falcons?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
7. How fast can a falcon fly?
(a) 15-20 miles an hour.
(b) 50-60 miles an hour.
(c) 5-10 miles an hour.
(d) 40-45 miles an hour.
8. How much of a hike was it up the mountain for hikers who wanted to see the gorge?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
9. What month did Sam finish making a pair of deer skin pants?
10. In "Frightful Learns her ABCs," what was one of Sam's favorite meals?
11. What animal does Sam find in "I Learn to Season My Food" when it escapes from his trap?
12. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what did Sam find in a trap?
13. How high was the fireplace in Sam's tree home?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Shoulder high.
14. When did Sam leave his home and come to live in the mountains?
15. What type of fish did Sam catch after he left the library in "The King's Provider"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of a man in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs" who sat on the Baron's rock with his wife to have a picnic?
2. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
3. In "I Hole up in a Snowstorm," what time was it when Sam noticed it was dark and very quiet in the forest?
4. "In the King's Provider," what does Sam have for breakfast?
5. What type of wood did Sam use that produced a tarry smoke and ruined the fish he was trying to preserve?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)