|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Meet One of My Own Kind," what did an old lady want Sam to help her do?
(a) Pick blueberries.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Gather mushrooms.
(d) Pick strawberries.
2. in "I Find a Real Man," what did Sam hear before he found a man in the woods?
(b) Police siren.
(d) Trampling of feet.
3. What was the first prey that Frightful caught when Sam was training her?
4. What did everyone do when Sam told them his plans to live in the mountains?
(c) Told him he was crazy.
(d) Tried to get him to change his mind.
5. How many sisters does Sam have?
6. In "I Learn to Season My Food," where did Sam spend the day when he still couldn't go home because the man was still by his tree?
(a) Old homestead.
(d) Bill's place.
7. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what did Sam use to make salt?
(a) Apple twigs.
(c) Hickory sticks.
8. What was the temperature in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
(a) -8 degrees.
(b) 11 degrees.
(c) Below zero.
(d) Just below freezing.
9. How many days did Sam have to let a deer skin steep in tannic acid in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
10. In what mountain range does Sam live?
11. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) Beech with Gribley carved on it.
(c) A carved stone.
(d) Oak with Gribley carved on it.
12. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
(a) 7 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
13. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
(a) Boat bound for Hong Kong.
(b) Boat bound for Singapore.
(d) New York.
14. In "The King's Provider," what did Miss Turner tell Sam he needed?
(b) New clothes.
(c) Better food.
15. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say his father does for a living?
(a) Works in a factory.
(b) Runs a street sweeper.
(c) Is a garbage collector.
(d) Works on the docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In I Find a Real Man," what was Sam's favorite tea?
2. How fast can a falcon fly?
3. In "I Find a Real Man," what did the man want to call Sam?
4. In August what did Sam find made a good flour?
5. What was the name of a man in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs" who sat on the Baron's rock with his wife to have a picnic?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)