|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what type of trap did Sam check?
2. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what did Sam find in a trap?
3. Where does The Baron live?
(a) By the creek.
(b) Tree south of Sam's tree.
(c) Boulder north of Sam's tree.
(d) Small cave.
4. Who in Sam's family had owned land in the Catskill Mountains?
(a) Great-uncle Gribley.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Great-grandfather Gribley.
(d) His father.
5. What was the first prey that Frightful caught when Sam was training her?
6. Where did Sam live before he moved to the mountains?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
7. How many minutes did Sam have to clean up in "How a Door Came to Me" after he found a dead deer?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 4 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 3 minutes.
8. What did Sam carve once that his teacher exhibited for parents' night at school?
9. How many knotholes did Sam chipped out to allow fresh air in?
10. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what type of flower bulbs did Sam use for rabbit soup?
(c) Dogtooth violets.
11. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
(a) Boat bound for Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
(d) Boat bound for Singapore.
12. "In the King's Provider," what does Sam have for breakfast?
(a) Acorn pancakes and jam.
(b) May apples and peppermint tea.
(c) Arrow-leaf and mussels.
13. What type of trees did Sam find when he first found his family's farm?
(a) Elm and Ash
(b) Pear and Oak.
(c) Hemlock and Maple.
(d) Apple and Walnut.
14. How many sisters does Sam have?
15. Where did Sam know that he could get tannic acid to tan the hide of the deer that the poacher shot in "How a Door Came to Me"?
(a) Pine tree.
(b) Spruce tree.
(c) Walnut tree.
(d) Oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Frightful Learns her ABCs," what was one of Sam's favorite meals?
2. What does Sam describe carving in "I Get Started on This Venture"?
3. What did everyone do when Sam told them his plans to live in the mountains?
4. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
5. What covered Sam's bed in his tree home?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)