|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter – I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Pile up Wood and Go on with Winter," what is one way that Sam gets food when the creek is frozen?
(a) Ice fishing.
(b) He would trap small game.
(c) From his storehouse.
(d) Frightful would kill small game.
2. How many days did Sam have to let a deer skin steep in tannic acid in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
3. In "I Learn to Season My Food," what did Sam use to make salt?
(c) Apple twigs.
(d) Hickory sticks.
4. Where do some of the birds spend winter nights?
(c) Leaf nests.
(d) Tree cavity.
5. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "We All Learn About Halloween," how long had Sam been going up and down the mountain to see if the walnuts and hickory nuts were ripe?
2. What type of plants does Sam intend to serve over snowballs for dessert when Bando comes back?
3. Where did Sam's dad try to run away to, but got scared and went back home?
4. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say he was doing when the snowstorm approached?
5. How much of a hike was it up the mountain for hikers who wanted to see the gorge?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)