|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter – I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam climbed down from the falcon nest with a baby falcon, where did he put Frightful?
(a) Nest of buttercups.
(b) Hollow log.
(c) Nest of dried leaves.
(d) A hole under a tree root.
2. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
3. What did Sam say was the best wood to smoke and preserve fish?
4. How many falcon babies were in the nest when Sam took one of the nestlings?
5. How many sisters does Sam have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam name after people he knew on Third Street in New York?
2. What time does Bando come to see Sam on Christmas eve?
3. What is the wing span of the great horned owl that Sam sees in "I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow"?
4. Who in Sam's family had owned land in the Catskill Mountains?
5. How many days did Sam have to let a deer skin steep in tannic acid in "Frightful Learns Her ABCs"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)