|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter – I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sam first get wood when he was chopping?
(a) Old brush around the farmstead.
(b) Piles on the ground.
(c) Dry limbs off trees.
(d) Dead trees.
2. How long would Sam boil mussels before he would eat them?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 8 minutes.
3. in "I Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow," what does Sam consider a pretty good barometer?
(a) The Baron.
(c) Jessie Coon James.
4. In "I PIle Up Wood and Go on with Winter," what did Sam hear that made him feel he had time to chop wood?
(b) Nuthatches and chickadees.
(c) Robins and jays.
5. When does Sam's dad leave the mountain?
(a) 2 days after Christmas.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) 4 days after Christmas.
(d) Day after New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did Sam put his pile of wood to his tree house?
2. What did the old lay in "I Meet One of My Own Kind" say killed chickens in the area?
3. How many knotholes did Sam chipped out to allow fresh air in?
4. In "What I Did About the First Man Who Was After Me," what did Sam find in a trap?
5. What was the name of the warden who was reported to have spent a night in the wilderness looking for a boy rumored to be living in the woods?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)