|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Pile Up Wood and Go on with Winter – I Have a Good Look at Winter and Find Spring in the Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Find a Real Man," what did the man want to call Sam?
2. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
(a) Beech with Gribley carved on it.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) Oak with Gribley carved on it.
(d) A carved stone.
3. On November 1, what did the moon look like?
(a) A half slice of cheese.
(b) Big as a pumpkin and as orange.
(c) Soft silver sphere.
(d) Golden sliver.
4. What does Sam describe carving in "I Get Started on This Venture"?
(c) Spear head.
(d) Fish hook.
5. After Sam herded raccoons out of his tree during the end of the Halloween party, what animal was watching him?
(c) Red fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam use to haul the materials to make his fireplace?
2. When did Sam come across the tree and make a home inside it?
3. After Sam set up Halloween treats for his animal neighbors, what did he have for lunch the next day?
4. What did everyone do when Sam told them his plans to live in the mountains?
5. What does Sam make for a present for Bando for Christmas?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)