|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Hole Up in a Snowstorm – I Meet One of My Own Kind and Have a Terrible Time Getting Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam first came to the woods that became his home, how far did he walk before he found a stream?
(a) About a half mile.
(b) 1/3 mile.
(c) A mile.
(d) 1/4 mile.
2. When did Sam come across the tree and make a home inside it?
(a) Last spring.
(b) This autumn.
(c) Last summer.
(d) End of winter.
3. How large in diameter was the tree that housed Sam's tree home?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
4. What does Sam describe carving in "I Get Started on This Venture"?
(a) Spear head.
(b) Fish hook.
5. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Sam how to make fire when he first got to the mountains?
2. In "I Meet One of My Own Kind," what did an old lady want Sam to help her do?
3. What was the date at the beginning of "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
4. In "I Hole up in a Snowstorm," what time was it when Sam noticed it was dark and very quiet in the forest?
5. What did Sam use for a calendar?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)