|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Hole Up in a Snowstorm – I Meet One of My Own Kind and Have a Terrible Time Getting Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of tree is Sam's tree home?
2. Who taught Sam how to make fire when he first got to the mountains?
3. How many knotholes did Sam chipped out to allow fresh air in?
4. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say he was doing when the snowstorm approached?
(a) Smoking three catfish.
(b) Smoking three trout.
(c) Tanning hides.
(d) Preserving berries.
5. When did Sam leave his home and come to live in the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
2. What was the date at the beginning of "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
3. What did Sam carve once that his teacher exhibited for parents' night at school?
4. How large in diameter was the tree that housed Sam's tree home?
5. What was the temperature in "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm"?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)