|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Hole Up in a Snowstorm – I Meet One of My Own Kind and Have a Terrible Time Getting Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is the Gribley's Farm near?
2. In "I Hole Up in a Snowstorm," what does Sam say his father does for a living?
(a) Works in a factory.
(b) Works on the docks.
(c) Runs a street sweeper.
(d) Is a garbage collector.
3. In what type of tree is Sam's tree home?
4. In "I Hole up in a Snowstorm," what time was it when Sam noticed it was dark and very quiet in the forest?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
5. How did Sam get to the mountains from his home?
(b) Father drove him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam's father used to tell him marked the northern border of Gribley's land?
2. When did Sam leave his home and come to live in the mountains?
3. How many knotholes did Sam chipped out to allow fresh air in?
4. How high was the fireplace in Sam's tree home?
5. What type of bird did Sam hear in "I Meet One of My Own Kind," when he was helping an old lady?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)