I Hole Up in a Snowstorm – I Meet One of My Own Kind and Have a Terrible Time Getting Away
• Twelve-year-old Sam relates some of the events in his life when he left New York and came to the Catskill Mountains.
• He tells about his home in a Hemlock tree and the amenities he has like a bed and fireplace.
• He is holed up inside due to a snowstorm.
• It has been eight months sent he ran away from home to live off the land near the place his Great-Grandfather Gribley had lived.
• He has good food from turtle soup to acorn pancakes.
• He has been smoking venison, collecting berries and nuts, and small game to survive, and he isn’t sure if is December 4 or 5.
• Sam arrived in the mountains in May with $40, a penknife, a ball of cord, ax, and flint and steel.
• He took the...
This section contains 2,518 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)