|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what do many women enjoy during sex?
2. When the author faced women who denied having fantasies, what made them admit they did have them?
3. What are men afraid of because they cannot control them?
4. Of the women that wrote to Nancy Friday, what did many beg her for?
5. Which fantasies are often the most exciting ones?
Short Essay Questions
1. When a man cannot control the fact that a woman fantasizes, what happens, according to the author?
2. Why do women feel guilty about having fantasies?
3. How does Nancy Friday compare men to women?
4. Describe the letter a man wrote to Nancy Friday about his wife.
5. What does the author suggest that women should do with their fantasies?
6. What is the goal of Chapter 6?
7. What role have women been assigned, according to Nancy Friday?
8. Describe the role of mundane items, people, and events in fantasies.
9. Describe the positive letter Nancy Friday received from a man in Chapter 6.
10. How does the theme of sexual equality play into Nancy Friday's chapter about guilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problem is the author trying to solve? How was the problem presented to her? Is there a clear solution to the problem? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the tone that Nancy Friday uses. How does this affect the reading experience? What does this tell the reader about the author? How is this tone achieved?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one quote from the book that sums up the overall theme. Explain how this is true. Then, choose another quote that conveys Friday's overall message and explain how this is true.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)