|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are women similar to men according to Nancy Friday?
2. How does Nancy Friday know that women and men are both aroused by naked bodies?
3. What is the second thing a man might do upon learning that the woman he is with fantasizes?
4. What is the name of the woman who feels her fantasy is so perfect that the book cannot be published without it?
5. What does Miranda often dream of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many women wrote to Nancy Friday and begged for anonymity. What does this tell the reader about these women and society?
2. What role have women been assigned, according to Nancy Friday?
3. Describe the letter a man wrote to Nancy Friday about his wife.
4. Describe the positive letter Nancy Friday received from a man in Chapter 6.
5. What is the overall theme of the book?
6. Why do women feel guilty about having fantasies?
7. How does the theme of sexual equality play into Nancy Friday's chapter about guilt?
8. When women do not have guilt about their fantasies, what do they often do?
9. What does Nancy Friday think about acting out fantasies?
10. How does the author dispel expert opinion in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Nancy Friday's writing style? What tone does she use with the reader? What does the use of diction tell you about the writing style and the author?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one quote from the book that sums up the overall theme. Explain how this is true. Then, choose another quote that conveys Friday's overall message and explain how this is true.
Essay Topic 3
How does Friday seek to dispel expert opinions and assumptions? Is she successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)