|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did women feel when they shared their fantasies with the author?
2. What does Nancy Friday assert about all fantasies?
3. Which of the following is the most rare fantasy for women?
4. What does Karen fantasize about?
5. When Nancy Friday began questioning women about fantasies, what was the initial consensus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first room of the house of fantasy.
2. How does Nancy Friday feel about women sharing fantasies with their lovers?
3. Describe rooms seven through eleven of the house of fantasy.
4. According to the author, how has she been restrained sexually?
5. During sexual activity, how does the importance of the mind compare to the importance of the body?
6. What is Nancy Friday's goal in showing how women have fantasies in different themes?
7. What role does Nancy Friday believe that sexual initiative plays in fantasizing?
8. Describe the role of exploration in fantasizing.
9. Describe Nancy Friday's use of the metaphor of a house to represent women's fantasies.
10. What type of fantasy is more common in men than in women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nancy Friday believe that many women begin fantasizing during childhood? Is this accurate, in your opinion? Why or why not? How does Nancy Friday build an argument for her case?
Essay Topic 2
Why do women feel guilt about fantasies? What factors are involved in feeling shameful or guilty, according to Nancy Friday? What is Friday's opinion about guilt? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are three of the reasons why women fantasize? Give an example of each reason in the form of a fantasy that fits the criteria for each reason. Are all of these reasons for women to fantasize logical and rational? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)