|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms are in the house that Nancy Friday uses as a metaphor for fantasy?
2. Which of the following is the most rare fantasy for women?
3. The author is surprised to find that few fantasies actually involve what act?
4. What is the name of the woman who likes the idea of initiating her lover into the world of group sex?
5. What is in room eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nancy Friday achieves the tone for this book.
2. According to the author, how has she been restrained sexually?
3. What does the author credit as the new attitude toward sex?
4. Describe rooms two through six of the house of fantasy.
5. Describe rooms seven through eleven of the house of fantasy.
6. What made the author begin to question her fantasies?
7. Why did the author write this book?
8. What did the author promise to the women who wrote in their fantasies?
9. What type of fantasy is more common in men than in women?
10. What is Nancy Friday's goal in showing how women have fantasies in different themes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the author seek to learn? Do you think that she accomplished her goal? Why or why not? Did the author fulfill her duty to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when women do not feel ashamed or guilty about their fantasies? Is this positive or negative? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Friday seek to dispel expert opinions and assumptions? Is she successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)