|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy Friday say women are not encouraged to do?
2. What does Karen fantasize about?
3. How many rooms are in the house that Nancy Friday uses as a metaphor for fantasy?
4. Nancy Friday has a fantasy about having sex during what type of sporting event?
5. Who disagreed with Friday that a fantasy should be included in her novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the role of exploration in fantasizing.
2. Describe rooms two through six of the house of fantasy.
3. Describe Nancy Friday's interaction with her publisher.
4. What is Nancy Friday's goal in showing how women have fantasies in different themes?
5. Why do women fantasize, according to Nancy Friday?
6. Describe how Nancy Friday achieves the tone for this book.
7. Describe one of the fantasies mentioned in the story.
8. What role does Nancy Friday believe that sexual initiative plays in fantasizing?
9. What made the author begin to question her fantasies?
10. Why is the room about prostitution empty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the parallels between the fantasies women wrote and the author's personal life? How do these parallels affect the reader? how does this level of contact with the author contribute to the mood and tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when women do not feel ashamed or guilty about their fantasies? Is this positive or negative? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How do men react to the idea of women having fantasies, according to Nancy Friday? Do you agree with her? What evidence convinces you of this?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)