|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms are in the house that Nancy Friday uses as a metaphor for fantasy?
2. What is in room two of the house of fantasy?
3. What is the name of the woman who likes the idea of initiating her lover into the world of group sex?
4. What is the name of the woman the author found out about through a psychologist?
5. Who did the author initially begin discussing fantasies with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe rooms two through six of the house of fantasy.
2. What type of fantasy is more common in men than in women?
3. Describe the role of exploration in fantasizing.
4. What made the author begin to question her fantasies?
5. What did the author promise to the women who wrote in their fantasies?
6. What role does Nancy Friday believe that sexual initiative plays in fantasizing?
7. According to the author, how has she been restrained sexually?
8. Describe how Nancy Friday achieves the tone for this book.
9. What is the purpose of Chapter 2?
10. Describe one of the fantasies mentioned in the story.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do women feel guilt about fantasies? What factors are involved in feeling shameful or guilty, according to Nancy Friday? What is Friday's opinion about guilt? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the book critically. Did the author's research make sense? Was it scientific? Did the author have a bias in writing the book? How do you think this is related to the content of the book? Does this make it any more or less good?
Essay Topic 3
What problem is the author trying to solve? How was the problem presented to her? Is there a clear solution to the problem? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)