|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sparked Stephanie to have her most exciting fantasies?
(a) Reading a book about Roman orgies.
(b) Reading a book about sex in the Elizabethan era.
(c) Reading a book about a rape.
(d) Watching a pornographic movie.
2. Which of the following is a theme in Friday's book?
(a) Sexual diversity.
(c) Sexual equality.
(d) Stereotypical gender roles.
3. What awakened Sonia to sexual feelings?
(a) Vibrations from a children's toy.
(b) Being molested as a child.
(c) Vibrations in the car.
(d) Spending time with male family members.
4. When do fantasies become unhealthy?
(a) When it becomes impossible to determine what is real and what is fake.
(b) When women act them out.
(c) When women show an interest in more sexuality.
(d) When women speak about them.
5. According to Nancy Friday, what do women enjoy reading about?
(a) Realistic sex instead of fantasies.
(b) Younger men being with older women.
(c) Fantasies in a script format.
(d) Sexual conquests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Nancy Friday's refutation of the expert opinions, what do women walk around town doing?
2. What do experts believe does not arouse women?
3. What are men afraid of because they cannot control them?
4. Which type of man do many women take from mundane situations and put into fantasies?
5. What is the name of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the overall theme of the book?
2. Many women wrote to Nancy Friday and begged for anonymity. What does this tell the reader about these women and society?
3. How does Nancy Friday compare men to women?
4. Which fantasies stay the most exciting, according to the author?
5. Describe the role of mundane items, people, and events in fantasies.
6. Where does Nancy Friday say that many women get their fantasies?
7. Is Nancy Friday effective in explaining how women get their fantasy ideas from? Why or why not?
8. When a man cannot control the fact that a woman fantasizes, what happens, according to the author?
9. What role have women been assigned, according to Nancy Friday?
10. What does the author compare crotch watching to?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)