|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author's friend who is attracted to other men?
2. What does Friday believe the inclusion of fantasy into her novel gives it?
(a) Interesting plot.
(b) Consistent tone.
(c) Character insight.
(d) Dynamic settings.
3. What is the name of the woman whose husband refuses to have sex with her?
4. What do the women in room six like to experience?
5. When Marion fantasizes, what does she imagine herself as?
(a) A man.
(b) A child.
(c) An animal.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms are in the house that Nancy Friday uses as a metaphor for fantasy?
2. What does the author say goes hand-in-hand with fantasy?
3. Who did the author initially begin discussing fantasies with?
4. Which of the following is a way for women to fantasize?
5. What is the house in Friday's metaphor similar to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Nancy Friday believe that sexual initiative plays in fantasizing?
2. Describe one of the fantasies mentioned in the story.
3. Describe rooms two through six of the house of fantasy.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter 2?
5. How did Nancy Friday begin bringing up the topic of fantasies and what did she find?
6. Describe why women may fantasize about being with other women, according to Nancy Friday.
7. How did women feel to be able to write in their fantasies to Friday?
8. Describe the first room of the house of fantasy.
9. Describe how Nancy Friday achieves the tone for this book.
10. According to the author, how has she been restrained sexually?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)