|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jacqueline encouraged to do upon revealing her fantasy?
(a) To go to church more often.
(b) To seek out other men on her own.
(c) To hide it.
(d) To act it out.
2. In Nancy Friday's refutation of the expert opinions, what do women walk around town doing?
(a) Thinking of sounds associated with sex.
(b) Imagining men without clothes.
(c) Propositioning men for sex.
(d) Touching men inappropriately.
3. What is the name of the woman who acted out a fantasy only to find herself disappointed in the reality?
4. In Chapter 5, what is one of the reasons Nancy Friday gives for writing the book?
5. What does Nancy Friday say that women are told they should be?
(b) More jealous of their men's fantasies.
(c) Passive in bed.
(d) Active in bed.
6. When do fantasies become unhealthy?
(a) When it becomes impossible to determine what is real and what is fake.
(b) When women show an interest in more sexuality.
(c) When women act them out.
(d) When women speak about them.
7. What might stop a woman from acting out fantasies in reality, according to the author?
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Men's attitudes.
(d) Women's attitudes.
8. What do many men feel the need to be in the bedroom, according to the author's research?
9. What does Nancy Friday say is the reason why women don't admit fantasies?
(a) They don't trust Nancy Friday not to tell others about them.
(b) They are scared that their mothers will find out.
(c) They are scared that their lovers will leave them.
(d) They feel guilty.
10. To women who accept their fantasies, what do these fantasies become for these women?
11. What does Chapter 5 focus on?
(a) Guilt that many women have.
(b) Who women fantasize about.
(c) Details about the house of fantasy.
(d) Why women fantasize.
12. Who is Babs worried that her fantasies will affect?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her depression.
13. What is Nancy Friday's overall message?
(a) That women need to begin acting out their fantasies.
(b) That men are oppressive to women.
(c) That all women fantasize.
(d) That women and men are different.
14. What did the man who wrote to the author sign his name as?
(a) A fake woman's name.
(b) His full name.
(d) His wife's name.
15. According to the author, what do many women enjoy during sex?
(a) Thinking of a topic other than sex.
(b) Looking at magazines.
(c) Having television on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy Friday confess to?
2. How do fantasies become more elaborate?
3. According to Friday, what makes a man feel insecure?
4. When the man wrote in to Nancy Friday about his wife's fantasies, what effect did they have on the marriage?
5. How does the author show that she is like her readers?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)