|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nancy Friday know that women and men are both aroused by naked bodies?
(a) Scientific experiments.
(b) Books she has read.
(c) Personal experience.
(d) Magazine articles.
2. Who did Jacqueline accidentally tell her fantasy to?
(a) Nancy Friday.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her husband.
3. What did the man who wrote to the author sign his name as?
(b) His wife's name.
(c) His full name.
(d) A fake woman's name.
4. What does Hanna collect photos of?
(a) Fantasy men.
(b) Fantasy women.
(c) Her real lovers.
(d) Fantasy settings.
5. What is Babs reluctant to do?
(a) Have sex with a woman.
(b) Act out fantasies.
(c) Incorporate new settings to her sex life.
(d) Talk about fantasies.
6. What are women often told that they are, according to the author?
(a) Physically active in bed.
(b) Quiet lovers.
(c) The weaker sex.
(d) Angry and jealous.
7. According to Nancy Friday, which of the following often leads to fantasies from childhood?
(a) Having a diaper changed.
(c) Being potty trained.
8. What does Nancy Friday say is the reason why women don't admit fantasies?
(a) They are scared that their lovers will leave them.
(b) They feel guilty.
(c) They don't trust Nancy Friday not to tell others about them.
(d) They are scared that their mothers will find out.
9. When the man wrote in to Nancy Friday about his wife's fantasies, what effect did they have on the marriage?
(a) They improved their sex life.
(b) They helped them bond emotionally.
(c) They tore them apart.
(d) They encouraged them to seek out other partners.
10. Of the women that wrote to Nancy Friday, what did many beg her for?
(a) A way to fight back.
(b) A way to be more open.
11. In Chapter 5, what is one of the reasons Nancy Friday gives for writing the book?
12. What is the name of the woman who feels her fantasy is so perfect that the book cannot be published without it?
13. Who does Sophie act out her fantasies with?
(a) Her girlfriends.
(b) Her roommates.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her classmates.
14. What sparked Stephanie to have her most exciting fantasies?
(a) Reading a book about a rape.
(b) Reading a book about Roman orgies.
(c) Watching a pornographic movie.
(d) Reading a book about sex in the Elizabethan era.
15. What was Jacqueline encouraged to do upon revealing her fantasy?
(a) To hide it.
(b) To seek out other men on her own.
(c) To act it out.
(d) To go to church more often.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author believe that women should embrace fantasies?
2. Who is Babs worried that her fantasies will affect?
3. What causes fantasies to grow?
4. What does the author warn against?
5. What is Nancy Friday's overall message?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)