|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is room five categorized as?
2. What type of fantasy fits into room three?
(b) Older men.
(d) Younger men.
3. How does Nancy Friday feel about women sharing fantasies with their partners?
(a) She thinks women should only share with their girlfriends.
(b) She says it only creates hostility.
(c) She thinks women should always share their fantasies.
(d) She does not advocate it.
4. What is Chapter 1 about?
(a) An exploration of the reasons for fantasies.
(b) An explanation of how the book came to be written.
(c) A division and metaphor for the types of fantasies.
(d) A description of fantasies the author received.
5. What is in room two of the house of fantasy?
6. Why did the author write this book?
(a) To explain to men about women's fantasies.
(b) To help her daughter learn about sexuality.
(c) To see if her fantasies were normal.
(d) To argue against the anti-feminist movement.
7. What type of tone does the author try to avoid?
8. When Nancy Friday began questioning women about fantasies, what was the initial consensus?
(a) That women enjoyed discussing fantasies openly.
(b) That men told women not to have fantasies.
(c) That women did not have fantasies.
(d) That women did not enjoy sex.
9. The author is surprised to find that few fantasies actually involve what act?
(a) Active sex.
(c) Oral sex.
10. What does Nancy Friday say women are not encouraged to do?
(a) Think about men's bodies.
(b) Have fantasies.
(c) Initiate sex.
(d) Touch themselves.
11. Which of the following did the author promise to the women who shared with her?
(c) Psychological help.
12. What does Karen fantasize about?
(a) Making love outside.
(b) Making love to her husband's son.
(c) Making love to another woman.
(d) Making love to an animal.
13. Who did the author discover had to be absent for women to talk openly about fantasies?
(a) Older adults.
(b) Groups of four or more.
14. What is in room number seven?
(a) Younger men.
(b) Thrill of the forbidden.
15. What does Alicia fantasize that she is?
(a) A man.
(b) A statue.
(c) A virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who imagines her limbs are stretched in opposite directions?
2. After her lover's reaction to hearing her fantasy, what does Nancy Friday begin to question?
3. What does the author say goes hand-in-hand with fantasy?
4. What did the author request from women?
5. Who made the author feel comfortable about her fantasies?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)