|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a way for women to fantasize?
(c) Writing stories.
(d) Daily conversation.
2. Who made the author feel comfortable about her fantasies?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Nancy Friday say women are not encouraged to do?
(a) Have fantasies.
(b) Think about men's bodies.
(c) Initiate sex.
(d) Touch themselves.
4. According to Friday, how do men display their fantasies?
(a) On the internet.
(b) To nobody.
5. Who did the author initially begin discussing fantasies with?
(d) The media.
6. Nancy Friday has a fantasy about having sex during what type of sporting event?
(a) Football game.
(b) Basketball game.
(c) Gymnastics competition.
(d) Soccer game.
7. When Marion fantasizes, what does she imagine herself as?
(a) A child.
(b) An animal.
(c) A man.
(d) A teacher.
8. Who does Lily imagine making love to?
(a) An ex-teacher.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A stranger.
(d) An ex-boss.
9. How did women feel when they shared their fantasies with the author?
10. What is the name of the woman who likes the idea of initiating her lover into the world of group sex?
11. What does the author say goes hand-in-hand with fantasy?
12. Who does the author claim to have restrained her sexually?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
13. What type of tone does the author try to avoid?
14. What does Nancy Friday assert about all fantasies?
(a) They are all related to the way the women were treated by their mothers.
(b) They are all disgusting.
(c) They are all unique.
(d) They are all unhealthy.
15. When Nancy Friday began questioning women about fantasies, what was the initial consensus?
(a) That women enjoyed discussing fantasies openly.
(b) That women did not have fantasies.
(c) That women did not enjoy sex.
(d) That men told women not to have fantasies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is room five categorized as?
2. How long has Maria been married?
3. What type of men do Linda, Pamela, and Marie fantasize about?
4. What is in the final room of the house of fantasy?
5. Which of the following sets the tone for the novel?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)