|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ellen have to describe at the hospital?
2. How did Ellen think she sounded when she sung in her head?
3. What does Ellen hate finding in her shoes?
4. What kind of pets other than dogs did Ellen have when she wrote this book?
5. How does Ellen suggest one avoid having friends gossip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen say about her hospital gown?
2. What compliment did the doctor at the ER give Ellen, and why was she surprised by this?
3. What did Ellen say led to talking to one's self?
4. Why did Ellen end up in the ER?
5. Why does Ellen say most people don't notice when others are being idiotic?
6. Why did the nurses at the ER laugh at Ellen?
7. Why does Ellen say it is silly to make up scary things?
8. Why does Ellen not like zoos?
9. Why is Chapter 13 left blank?
10. How does Ellen define a celebrity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ellen go about cooking, and how did this illustrate her success?
Essay Topic 2
In this book, Ellen presents an interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)