1. What state did Ellen grow up in?
2. How old was Ellen when she moved away from Metairie?
3. What amazes Ellen about some people's childhoods?
(a) They were loved.
(b) They can remember them.
(c) They forget them.
(d) They were treated poorly.
4. What is Ellen's brother's name?
5. How was Ellen's brother treated differently than she was?
(a) He was held and cuddled.
(b) He was allowed to take sports classes.
(c) There were pictures taken of him.
(d) His friends were welcomed in the home.
6. How much older than Ellen is her brother?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
7. Why did Ellen interview old friends of her family?
(a) Her mother asked her to.
(b) She was curious to see if they remembered her.
(c) She wanted to honor them.
(d) She did not remember much about her childhood.
8. How did Selma describe Ellen as a child?
This section contains 3,732 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)