|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Abraham first come to America?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, where does Abraham say he was scheduled to give an AIDS talk?
(a) Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
(b) Norton, Virginia. Elizabethton, Tennessee.
(c) Lebanon, Virginia.
(d) Jonesborough, Tennessee.
3. What was Gordon's temperature when Abraham examined him for the first time?
(a) 103 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Where were Abraham's parents born?
(a) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
(b) Kerala, India.
(c) Calicut, India.
(d) Jimma, Ethiopia.
5. How many men flew from New York to see the young man admitted to Johnson City Medical Center August 1985?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Abraham's first AIDS patient?
2. After a code blue was called on a young man admitted in August of 1985 to the Johnson City Medical Center, who performed the chest compression?
3. How old were many of the patients at the Mountain Home VA when they began smoking?
4. How many hospitals did Abraham have to cover when he had an infectious disease fellowship in Boston?
5. What was the name of Johnson City's main street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Abraham's grandfather finally let Abraham's mother, Miriam, go to Ethiopia to teach?
2. How does Gordon say that he has been feeling?
3. How did Christianity come to the Malabar coast of India?
4. How did the nurses treat Gordon at the hospital?
5. How did Gordon feel after his baptism?
6. Why didn't Abraham go to Gordon's funeral?
7. What were two problems with the foreign physicians that the staff at the Mountain Home VA had to deal with?
8. What inspired Fred Goodson to lose weight when he was in college?
9. Describe what Abraham saw when he went to the cemetery where Gordon was buried.
10. Why were Abraham's first days in Boston anxious and disorienting?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)