|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Raleigh when he become an alcoholic?
2. By the time Abraham attended a national infectious diseases meeting, how many patients was he caring for alone?
3. How big was Sharon Phillips's backyard?
(a) 4 acres.
(b) 7 acres.
(c) 5 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
4. What did Luther Hines want Abraham to prescribe for him?
5. How old was Raleigh when Abraham first examined him?
6. By what time did the movers have the moving van loaded when Abraham and his family left Tennessee?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
7. Who discovered digitalis?
(a) Sir David Bryant.
(b) Sir William Withering.
(c) Sir Wyatt Martinson.
(d) Sir Alexander Wadsworth.
8. What was the name of the beer-and-sandwich joint where Hobart Carter worked?
(a) The Steak House.
(b) Thirteen Buttons.
(c) The Caberet.
(d) The Open Table.
9. How far did Petie Granger and his mother have to come to see Abraham at the clinic?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 95 miles.
(d) 80 miles.
10. What was read at Will's gravesite?
(a) Lamentations 3.
(b) Psalm 23.
(c) John 14.
(d) Psalm 138.
11. By 1989, how many HIV-infected patients were in Abraham's practice?
(a) Around 85.
(b) Around 75.
(c) Over 90.
(d) Over 80.
12. How far was Otis's hometown from Johnson city?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
13. Why was Cameron Tolliver admitted to the hospital?
(a) Pain over the gallbladder area.
(b) Breathing difficulties.
(c) Pain in his kidneys.
(d) A high fever.
14. What would Abraham always have when he went to visit Vickie McCray?
(b) Sweet tea.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A piece of pie.
15. What was the text for Will Johnson's funeral?
(a) I Corinthians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Abraham arrange to meet Sharon Phillips, a friend of Norman Sanger?
2. What type of training was Vickie going to go to school for?
3. When did the "New England Journal of Medicine" finally publish the result of the AZT study?
4. What was the basis for Bess Johnson's masters thesis?
5. When was a placebo-controlled trial of AZT stopped prematurely?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)