|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the VA hospital, what was the nickname for the room where veterans were moved when they were dying?
(a) Blue Room.
(b) Yellow Room.
(c) Green Room.
(d) Rose Room.
2. What did Vickie McCray always wear in the first year that Abraham knew her?
(a) A pair of pink cowboy boots.
(b) A pair of red rubber boots.
(c) Red polka-dotted bandanna.
(d) A red, white, and blue headband.
3. How many hospitals did Abraham have to cover when he had an infectious disease fellowship in Boston?
4. What type of clothes was Gordon buried in?
(a) A white suit, silk tie, shirt, and handkerchief.
(b) A black suit, red tie, and white shirt.
(c) Overalls and a flannel shirt.
(d) Blue jeans and a button-down shirt.
5. On what floor of the hospital was Gordon placed when he was admitted?
6. How long did Abraham's parents teach in Ethiopia?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. What was Otis Jackson's CD4 count?
8. Which hospital was for years the premier infectious diseases training program in the country?
(a) Boston University Medical Campus.
(b) Boston City Hospital.
(c) Boston Children's Hospital.
(d) Boston Medical Center.
9. How old were the "girls" who worked in the offices of the tobacco warehouses calculating the worth of baskets of tobacco?
10. Where did Bobby Keller and Ed Maupin go to meet other gay men?
(b) Gay bars.
(c) Truck stops.
(d) New York City.
11. What type of car did Vickie McCray drive?
12. What did Abraham sing to his son Steven for a goodnight song?
(a) "Puff the Magic Dragon".
(b) "Brahms Lullaby".
(c) "Day is Done".
(d) "You are My Sunshine".
13. How many times was Gordon hospitalized with bronchitis between the ages of 4-7?
14. When does Gordon think he may have contracted AIDS?
(a) 1982 or 1983.
(b) 1980 or 1981.
(c) 1983 or 1984.
(d) 1979 or 1980.
15. Where did Abraham finish medical school?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Abraham first come to America?
2. What color boots did one of the men have who flew from New York to see the young man who was admitted to Johnson City Medical Center in August, 1985?
3. How many hours did Gordon and his father drive for his follow-up with Abraham?
4. What was Abraham's favorite doughnut?
5. What is Essie's job at the hospital where she works?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)