|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Abraham's parents teach in Ethiopia?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. Three weeks after Gordon was admitted to the hospital, what did he tell his mother he saw?
(a) An angel.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) His grandfather who had died when he was a boy.
(d) His deceased grandmother.
3. How old was Cindy Johnson when Abraham met her?
4. Where did Fred Goodson go to college?
(a) Florida Southern.
(b) University of Georgia.
(c) University of Tennessee.
(d) South Carolina State.
5. How many churches were in Johnson City in 1987?
6. About how many breaths was Gordon breathing per minute the first time that Abraham examined him?
(a) 40 breaths per minute.
(b) 30 breaths per minute.
(c) 20 breaths per minute.
(d) 15 breaths per minute.
7. When does Gordon think he may have contracted AIDS?
(a) 1983 or 1984.
(b) 1980 or 1981.
(c) 1982 or 1983.
(d) 1979 or 1980.
8. After a code blue was called on a young man admitted in August of 1985 to the Johnson City Medical Center, who performed the chest compression?
(a) An ICU nurse.
(d) A beefy intern.
9. What did Abraham sing to his son Steven for a goodnight song?
(a) "Brahms Lullaby".
(b) "You are My Sunshine".
(c) "Puff the Magic Dragon".
(d) "Day is Done".
10. When was Gordon diagnosed with HIV?
(a) February 1984.
(b) October 1985.
(c) March 1986.
(d) September 1983.
11. What type of work did Abraham do when his medical education was interrupted?
(c) Fast food worker.
(d) Nurse's aide.
12. How many hospitals did Abraham have to cover when he had an infectious disease fellowship in Boston?
13. Where did Essie's brother move when he first finished high school?
14. How many hours did Gordon and his father drive for his follow-up with Abraham?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 1/2 hours.
(d) 2 1/2 hours.
15. What job was Clyde McCray working when he got sick?
(a) Sewer worker.
(b) Graveyard digger.
(c) Truck Driver.
(d) Short-order cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 10, 1987, what caused a mini traffic jam on Dogwood Avenue.
2. At the VA hospital, what was the nickname for the room where veterans were moved when they were dying?
3. Where does Abraham say that HIV came from?
4. What organization did Olivia Sells work for?
5. How old was Abraham's first AIDS patient?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)