|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bobby Keller's favorite dessert?
(a) Caramel ice cream sundae with pecans.
(b) White chocolate mousse.
(c) Angel food cake with strawberries.
(d) Resurrection by Chocolate.
2. When was Gordon diagnosed with HIV?
(a) September 1983.
(b) March 1986.
(c) October 1985.
(d) February 1984.
3. Where did Fred Goodson study his junior year in college?
4. Where were Abraham's parents born?
(a) Jimma, Ethiopia.
(b) Kerala, India.
(c) Calicut, India.
(d) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
5. When did Abraham arrive in America as a rookie doctor?
6. When did Abraham first come to America?
7. What happened to Gordon two nights after he and his father came for a checkup with Abraham?
(a) He got pneumonia.
(b) He had a stroke.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) He was diagnosed with encephalitis.
8. Where did Bobby Keller and Ed Maupin go to meet other gay men?
(b) Gay bars.
(c) New York City.
(d) Truck stops.
9. What did Vickie McCray always wear in the first year that Abraham knew her?
(a) A pair of red rubber boots.
(b) Red polka-dotted bandanna.
(c) A pair of pink cowboy boots.
(d) A red, white, and blue headband.
10. Who was Clyde's male lover?
11. What is the nickname interns gave Johnson City Medical Center?
(a) The Med.
(b) The Sweatshop.
(d) Miracle Center.
12. How old were the "girls" who worked in the offices of the tobacco warehouses calculating the worth of baskets of tobacco?
13. Where does Abraham say that HIV came from?
(b) South America.
(d) Dominican Republic.
14. What organization did Olivia Sells work for?
(a) Johnson City Medical Center.
(b) University Physicians Group.
(d) Red Cross.
15. Where was the first place that Abraham experienced racism?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abraham like to do on Sunday mornings?
2. After a code blue was called on a young man admitted in August of 1985 to the Johnson City Medical Center, who performed the chest compression?
3. What was Otis Jackson's occupation?
4. Three weeks after Gordon was admitted to the hospital, what did he tell his mother he saw?
5. How long did Abraham's parents teach in Ethiopia?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)