|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Black accuse Butterfly of betraying Master Osman?
(a) Because Osman critized his drawing.
(b) Because he wanted to leave the workshop.
(c) Because Osman is cruel.
(d) Because Osman is not blind.
2. What does Master Osman do with the plume needle?
(a) He pokes himself in the eyes with it.
(b) He turns it over to the dwarf.
(c) He puts it in his pocket.
(d) He says this is what the murderer used to kill Elegant.
3. What does Shekure dream about?
(a) Hasan had killed Black.
(b) Her father was alive again.
(c) Black was the murderer.
(d) Black was also killed by the murderer.
4. Who does Black prepare to arrange the murder to?
(a) To Hasan.
(b) To the Sultan.
(c) To the judge.
(d) Head treasurer.
5. Who comes to summon Master Osman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the murderer tell his companions at the coffeehouse two stories?
2. Who is Chelebi?
3. What does Esther do while Black and his men attack the house?
4. What does Olive show Black and Stork to try and gain their favor?
5. What do Black and Master Osman find when they examine the horses drawn for the contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Black and Master Osman do to help them figure out who drew all of the illustrations?
2. What stories does Master Osman tell and what is his purpose in looking at the books?
3. What does the Commander of the Imperial Guard do to Black?
4. What does Butterfly explain while Black searches for the illustrations?
5. What do Black and the other artists do to the murderer?
6. Where does the pageboy lead Master Osman?
7. What do Butterfly and Black find when they enter the coffeehouse?
8. What is Butterfly disappointed about and what is he excited about?
9. What realization do Black and the other artists come to as they reminisce?
10. What specifically about the portrait the king requested is life like and how is it told that it is life like?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)