|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second story that the murderer told about?
(a) Illustrations being destroyed.
(b) Satan's place and duties in God's plan.
(c) Seeing God's vision without going blind.
(d) Illustrations appearing in other newer books.
2. What does the murderer suggest they do with Master Osman?
(a) Take the illustrations and coins and leave.
(b) Kill him before he turns them in.
(c) Blame him for all of the deaths.
(d) Talk to the Sultan about how cruel he is.
3. What is Master Osman working on?
(a) Secret Book.
(b) The funeral arrangements.
(c) Book of Festivities.
(d) A wedding surprise.
4. How does the Head Treasurer feel about Black's story?
(a) He holds him in custody.
(b) He hangs him.
(c) He dissolves his marriage to Shekure.
(d) He believes him.
5. Who tells Black that Hasan is not home?
(a) A blind beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters accompanies Master Osman and Black into the Inner Treasury?
2. Why does Esther have Black stop the attack and Orhan open the door?
3. What does Black find in Olive's home?
4. What does Master Osman do until the Sultan arrives?
5. What did Enishte's murderer steal from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the pageboy lead Master Osman?
2. What does Butterfly explain while Black searches for the illustrations?
3. What stories does Master Osman tell and what is his purpose in looking at the books?
4. What do Black and Master Osman do to help them figure out who drew all of the illustrations?
5. What does the Commander of the Imperial Guard do to Black?
6. What does Osman wonder about the suspects of the murder and why does he wonder about this?
7. What does the Head Treasurer apologize for?
8. What does Black tell the clerk at the Head Treasurer's chamber and what does he think might happen if it doesn't go well?
9. What realization do Black and the other artists come to as they reminisce?
10. What two ways does Stork use to draw his horse?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)