|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the murderer go to the dervish lodge?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To ponder what to do next.
(c) Ritual cleaning.
(d) To look at the illustration he has hidden there.
2. What is the murderer drawing a picture of that he becomes frustrated with and erases before he leaves to wander around again?
(a) God's vision.
(b) Master Osman.
3. What plans do the three officials make?
(a) To trap the murderer.
(b) To dissolve Black's marriage.
(c) To deny the death of Enishte.
(d) To search for the missing illustrations.
4. What does Shekure dream about?
(a) Hasan had killed Black.
(b) Black was also killed by the murderer.
(c) Her father was alive again.
(d) Black was the murderer.
5. What is Master Osman working on?
(a) The funeral arrangements.
(b) Secret Book.
(c) Book of Festivities.
(d) A wedding surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Black feel as if he must finish the book?
2. What does Esther bring to Shekure?
3. What is delivered while Master Osman and Black are examining the illustrations?
4. Who does Black prepare to arrange the murder to?
5. What is on the missing picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hasan threaten and what happens while they are arguing?
2. What do Black, Master Osman and the dwarf do while they are locked in the Inner Treasury?
3. What realization do Black and the other artists come to as they reminisce?
4. Why can't Master Osman give his full attention to the task of looking for the illustrations?
5. What two ways does Stork use to draw his horse?
6. What do Black and Master Osman do to help them figure out who drew all of the illustrations?
7. What is Butterfly disappointed about and what is he excited about?
8. What does Black tell the clerk at the Head Treasurer's chamber and what does he think might happen if it doesn't go well?
9. Where does the pageboy lead Master Osman?
10. What do Butterfly and Black find when they enter the coffeehouse?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)