|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enishte say they have been doing most of their work?
(a) In the studio behind his home.
(b) Near the Sultan's home.
(c) Workshop and homes of Master Osman.
(d) In the local coffee shops.
2. Who does the Sultan plan to offer the secret book to?
3. Why doesn't Enishte want his daughter to leave?
(a) He wants her to take care of him.
(b) He realizes she is not safe.
(c) He doesn't think anyone is good enough for his daughter.
(d) He believes she should wait for her husband to return.
4. Why doesn't Shekure respond to Hasan's threats?
(a) She doesn't fear him.
(b) She doesn't have time before she has to leave.
(c) She doesn't want t encourage him.
(d) She doesn't know what to say.
5. What is the topic of the list of things that Shekure gives Black?
(a) Things to do to find Elegant's killer.
(b) Things to help her cover up her father's death.
(c) Things that must be done before they marry.
(d) Things to do to find her father's killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stork say that illustrating with skill is the only way to escape?
2. How has Hasan ruined his chances with Shekure?
3. How does Olive answer the question?
4. What does Shekure have Hayriye take to Elegant's widow?
5. How does Shekure's father respond to her inquiry about the meeting between him and Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Orhan sees Black?
2. What does Enishte wonder about Shekure and Black?
3. What happens when Shevket corners Black outside the outhouse?
4. What does Shekure suspect Esther is doing and how does she propose to deal with it?
5. What happens before Olive can show Black any of the specific illustrations?
6. What do the illustrations show that Enishte shows Black?
7. What story does the murderer tell Enishte instead of telling him his agenda?
8. What is the purpose of Black asking the miniaturists Master Osman's questions?
9. What does Elegant believe about his death and what does he warn about?
10. What does Shekure request must happen before she will marry him and how does Black ensure it happens?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)