|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enishte tell Black that the Sultan wants to regain?
(a) Management of the money and inflation.
(b) Control over his people.
(c) The trust of those that are miniatures.
(d) The style of the Franks.
2. What does Black see when he looks back at the house near the pomegranate tree?
(a) Elegant's murderer.
(b) His lost love's face.
(c) Children watching him ride away.
(d) Enishte watching him carefully.
3. How does Enishte describe Master Osman?
(a) Blind and deaf.
(b) Deaf and dumb.
(c) Blind and senile.
(d) Senile and dumb.
4. What is surprising about Stork's picture which has strayed from the style of the old masters?
(a) There is a dog in the picture.
(b) The color red is used.
(c) The Sultan stands alone in the picture.
(d) He uses words in his pictures.
5. How does Olive answer the question?
(a) With three stores on time and painting.
(b) With three parables about blindness and memory.
(c) With specific illustrations.
(d) With three parables on style and signature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Sultan plan to offer the secret book to?
2. Why do Shevket and Orhan want to observe Black?
3. What does the murderer want Enishte to show him?
4. What does Shekure have Hayriye take to Elegant's widow?
5. What does Olive believe miniaturists aspire to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elegant think his friends and family are thinking he is doing?
2. What does Enishte wonder about Shekure and Black?
3. What does Enishte tell the murderer is the third stage of patronage of the arts?
4. What happens after Orhan sees Black?
5. What happens before Olive can show Black any of the specific illustrations?
6. What does Elegant encourage the faithful to do and how does he do this?
7. What happens when Enishte meets up with Butterfly and what description could be used for Butterfly?
8. What does Elegant believe about his death and what does he warn about?
9. What does the murderer hope will happen if Enishte fears him?
10. What is a brief history of the secret book and what does Enishte think about the portraits?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)