|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Black want Shekure to meet him?
(a) At the outhouse.
(b) In the house of the hanged Jew.
(c) In her father's work studio.
(d) Where Elegant was murdered.
2. What does the woman who approaches Black after he leaves Enishte give to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A book.
(c) A coin.
(d) A letter.
3. In what language was this novel originally written?
4. Which of the following is not true about this novel?
(a) The setting involves lots of religion.
(b) It is an historically accurate book.
(c) There is a mystery within the novel.
(d) It contains a love story.
5. How does Shekure answer Esther's probing questions about what Black wrote?
(a) That he writes of his love for her.
(b) That she knows Esther already read the letter.
(c) That it is none of Esther's business.
(d) That she is married and waiting for her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Black and Shekure to marry?
2. How does Shekure disguise the names in the picture that Black gave her?
3. What does Enishte say that no art is?
4. What does Shekure have Hayriye take to Elegant's widow?
5. What does Shekure see when she comes back to her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Butterfly show to Black and what is it?
2. Who does Esther assume the letter is for and why?
3. What do the illustrations show that Enishte shows Black?
4. What does Enishte tell the murderer is the third stage of patronage of the arts?
5. How does Esther feel when she leaves Hasan's house and why does she feel this way?
6. What does the letter to Black say?
7. What is the story of how Black was asked to leave Istanbul?
8. How did Enishte and Black meet and what caused their relationship to end?
9. What does Shekure suspect Esther is doing and how does she propose to deal with it?
10. What does Stork believe happens when an illustrator stops aiming for perfection?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)