|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Black suspicious about all three artists?
(a) The quality of their illustrations.
(b) The way they avoid answering the question.
(c) The use of the color red.
(d) Their nervous habits.
2. How does Olive answer the question?
(a) With specific illustrations.
(b) With three parables about blindness and memory.
(c) With three parables on style and signature.
(d) With three stores on time and painting.
3. What is the only thing that Shekure says she thinks about in her letter?
(a) What her father has said about her and Black.
(b) The years Black has been away.
(c) Her missing husband.
(d) What happened to Elegant.
4. Whose approval does the judge say Shekure needs before he can grant the divorce?
(b) Her own.
5. What does the pickle seller complain about to Black?
(a) The youth that are constantly stealing from him.
(b) The amount of counterfeit coins.
(c) The need for more jobs and money.
(d) The lack of a growing season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shekure answer Esther's probing questions about what Black wrote?
2. Which character offers to go to Hindustan to work on a new book?
3. What does Elegant want his family to do when they find his murderer?
4. What does the murderer want Enishte to show him?
5. How does Shekure's father respond to her inquiry about the meeting between him and Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Esther's opinion of young maidens and romance?
2. What does Shekure tell the boys to do and when they don't immediately want to listen what does she tell them?
3. What does Elegant believe about his death and what does he warn about?
4. What does Elegant encourage the faithful to do and how does he do this?
5. What story does the murderer tell Enishte instead of telling him his agenda?
6. What is a brief history of the secret book and what does Enishte think about the portraits?
7. What is the story of how Black was asked to leave Istanbul?
8. What are the illustration techniques a blend of?
9. What does Enishte tell the murderer is the third stage of patronage of the arts?
10. What happens when Enishte meets up with Butterfly and what description could be used for Butterfly?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)