|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olive show Black and Stork to try and gain their favor?
(a) His sword and armor.
(b) The illustrations that he has done in private.
(c) Hidden treasure of coins.
(d) His prayer robe.
2. Why does Esther have Black stop the attack and Orhan open the door?
(a) She wants Black to protect her.
(b) Shekure has told her to open the door.
(c) She fears revenge from Hasan.
(d) She is afraid of Black.
3. Where does Osman believe that the horse that was drawn come from?
(a) His unrestricted beliefs.
(b) A person who is pretending to be the artist.
(c) The Sultan's private collection.
(d) The artist's past.
4. What is Esther curious about?
(a) The rumors about Enishte's death.
(b) What will happen between her and Hayriye.
(c) What will happen to Black.
(d) What happened to the final illustration.
5. Who comes to summon Master Osman?
6. What does Esther bring to Shekure?
(a) A gift for her boys.
(b) A letter from Hasan.
(c) Condolences from Black.
(d) The last illustration.
7. What does Shekure dream about?
(a) Hasan had killed Black.
(b) Black was the murderer.
(c) Her father was alive again.
(d) Black was also killed by the murderer.
8. How does Master Osman feel when he finds Shah Tahmasp's Book of Kings?
9. What does Esther look for between the two murders?
(a) People that were there.
(d) Officials that were solving it.
10. What does Master Osman sense as he is looking at the work of Bihzad?
(a) That Elegant's spirit has returned.
(b) That he will soon go blind.
(c) That he knows who the murderer is.
(d) That Black has found the answer.
11. What plans do the three officials make?
(a) To deny the death of Enishte.
(b) To search for the missing illustrations.
(c) To trap the murderer.
(d) To dissolve Black's marriage.
12. What regrets does Master Osman have about his own workshop after looking at Bihzad's work?
(a) That his workshop will now have to end.
(b) That his workshop had not employed Bihzad.
(c) That his workshop never came close to that quality.
(d) That his workshop was unable to finish their work.
13. Who does Hasan believe murdered Eshite?
(d) No one.
14. Why does Olive stop chasing Stork?
(a) He already knows where Stork is going.
(b) He cannot run that fast.
(c) He is afraid of the dark.
(d) He has already blinded Stork with the plume.
15. Why does Black accuse Butterfly of betraying Master Osman?
(a) Because Osman critized his drawing.
(b) Because Osman is cruel.
(c) Because Osman is not blind.
(d) Because he wanted to leave the workshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Black threaten Butterfly with?
2. Which of the following characters is suspicious and apprehensive when asked to draw a horse?
3. Why does the murderer tell his companions at the coffeehouse two stories?
4. Which of the following characters accompanies Master Osman and Black into the Inner Treasury?
5. What does Hasan threaten when he comes to Shekure's home?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)