|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters escapes the coffeehouse raid?
(b) Master Osman.
2. What does Black send Esther to go and get before he heads to Hasan's home?
(b) The judge and Head Treasurer.
(c) Master Osman.
3. What does Shekure dream about?
(a) Black was also killed by the murderer.
(b) Her father was alive again.
(c) Black was the murderer.
(d) Hasan had killed Black.
4. What does Kalbiye give to Esther?
(a) Proof that Black is innocent.
(b) A letter for Shekure.
(c) The illustrations Elegant had on him when he died.
(d) The name of Elegant's murderer.
5. What does Shekure want Esther to find out?
(a) Who took the last illustration.
(b) Why Black hasn't returned.
(c) Why Elegant's widow didn't send condolences.
(d) Who sent which pot of food.
6. What does the murderer plan to do next?
(a) Go and turn himself in to the Head Treasurer.
(b) Kill all of the poeple who have just found out what he did.
(c) To leave and hide somewhere until he can escape.
(d) Answer a summons to work on an important book.
7. When the door to the Treasury is opened to let Black and Master Osman go home for the night, what do they request?
(a) To stay all night.
(b) To bring in all of hte artists.
(c) To take a book home.
(d) To consult with the Sultan.
8. Which of the following characters accompanies Master Osman and Black into the Inner Treasury?
9. What does Esther bring to Shekure?
(a) A gift for her boys.
(b) A letter from Hasan.
(c) Condolences from Black.
(d) The last illustration.
10. Why does Black feel as if he must finish the book?
(a) To prove his innocence.
(b) To win Shekure.
(c) To honor his mentor.
(d) To complete a process.
11. Who does Hasan believe murdered Eshite?
(b) No one.
12. What does Black find in Olive's home?
(a) Illustrations the storyteller had used.
(b) Osman's possessions.
(c) Drawings of the horse.
(d) Elegant's drawing.
13. How does Master Osman think of his miniaturists?
(a) As if they are above the law.
(b) As if they have disappointed him greatly.
(c) As if they are his children.
(d) As if they are guilty.
14. What does Master Osman complain about?
(a) Everything ending.
(b) The need to find the murderer.
(c) Black's lack of findiing the book.
(d) The fact that one of his miniaturists did this act.
15. What does Olive show Black and Stork to try and gain their favor?
(a) His prayer robe.
(b) His sword and armor.
(c) The illustrations that he has done in private.
(d) Hidden treasure of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Black prepare to arrange the murder to?
2. What happens when Black returns from the funeral?
3. What does Esther look for between the two murders?
4. Why does the murderer tell his companions at the coffeehouse two stories?
5. How does Hasan hope to prove his innocence?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)