|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Black send Esther to go and get before he heads to Hasan's home?
(a) The judge and Head Treasurer.
(b) Master Osman.
2. Where does Master Osman believe he and Black will be able to find the truth about the drawing?
(a) In the Treasury.
(b) In the coffeehouse.
(c) On one of the Venetian coins.
(d) In the Sultan's garden.
3. Why does the murderer tell his companions at the coffeehouse two stories?
(a) To ease his loneliness.
(b) To hear their point-of-view on the story.
(c) To cover up his crimes.
(d) To spy on his fellow artists.
4. What does Shekure want Esther to find out?
(a) Who sent which pot of food.
(b) Why Elegant's widow didn't send condolences.
(c) Why Black hasn't returned.
(d) Who took the last illustration.
5. What does Shekure ask Black to do in regard to her boys?
(a) To help them learn the skill of illustrating.
(b) To take a firm hand with them.
(c) To be patient and forgiving to them.
(d) To help them through their mourning.
6. Which of the following characters is the murderer?
7. Which of the following characters is suspicious and apprehensive when asked to draw a horse?
8. What does the murderer tell his fellow diner that knows nothing of art, that he is a what?
(c) False idol.
9. What does Master Osman sense as he is looking at the work of Bihzad?
(a) That he will soon go blind.
(b) That Elegant's spirit has returned.
(c) That Black has found the answer.
(d) That he knows who the murderer is.
10. What does Esther do while Black and his men attack the house?
(a) Takes Hasan's ruby-handled dagger.
(b) Tries to convince Shekure to leave.
(c) Hides with Shevket.
(d) Encourages Shekure to fight Black and his men.
11. How does Hasan hope to prove his innocence?
(a) By going to the judge.
(b) By taking care of Shekure.
(c) By being tortured.
(d) By finishing the book.
12. Why does Esther have Black stop the attack and Orhan open the door?
(a) She fears revenge from Hasan.
(b) She wants Black to protect her.
(c) Shekure has told her to open the door.
(d) She is afraid of Black.
13. Who does Hasan believe murdered Eshite?
(b) No one.
14. What is Esther curious about?
(a) What happened to the final illustration.
(b) The rumors about Enishte's death.
(c) What will happen to Black.
(d) What will happen between her and Hayriye.
15. Which object in the illustration can't Black and Master Osman determine who made it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Head Treasurer feel about Black's story?
2. What does Kalbiye give to Esther?
3. What does Black threaten Butterfly with?
4. Who comes to summon Master Osman?
5. How do Hayriye and Shekure announce Enishte's death to the neighborhood?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)