|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the murderer want Enishte to show him?
(a) The stories that Black has written.
(b) The final illustration.
(c) The letters from his daughter to Black.
(d) What the book looks like so far.
2. What does Enishte realize about one of the masters?
(a) He knows one of them is seeing Shekure.
(b) He knows that one of them is killing him slowly.
(c) He knows that one of them is watching him carefully.
(d) He knows one of them is the murderer.
3. How does Master Osman think of his miniaturists?
(a) As if they are guilty.
(b) As if they are above the law.
(c) As if they are his children.
(d) As if they have disappointed him greatly.
4. What does Olive show Black and Stork to try and gain their favor?
(a) His prayer robe.
(b) The illustrations that he has done in private.
(c) His sword and armor.
(d) Hidden treasure of coins.
5. Why does Enishte say he will not finish the secret book?
(a) Because of the Sultan.
(b) Because of the dog.
(c) Because of Shekure.
(d) Because of the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the murderer drawing a picture of that he becomes frustrated with and erases before he leaves to wander around again?
2. What does the murderer suggest they do with Master Osman?
3. What is Black thinking about as he pretends to listen to Enishte's stories?
4. What do Black and Master Osman find when they examine the horses drawn for the contest?
5. Why does the murderer tell his companions at the coffeehouse two stories?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)