|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Head Treasurer feel about Black's story?
(a) He dissolves his marriage to Shekure.
(b) He hangs him.
(c) He believes him.
(d) He holds him in custody.
2. Why does Butterfly go into the room where his wife is hiding?
(a) To prove he did not draw the horse.
(b) To get his sword.
(c) To bring out the drawings.
(d) To say goodbye.
3. What is Butterfly working on?
(a) Funeral prayer.
(b) Individual letter.
(c) Book of Festivities.
(d) Secret book.
4. What does Enishte hope to share with Black?
(a) Love of books.
(b) Secrets to book illustrating.
(c) Spiritual awareness.
(d) Wisdom from the ages.
5. What does Esther do before she takes Black's letter to Shekure?
(a) She stops for nightly prayers.
(b) She visits Hasan.
(c) She goes to the funeral services for Elegant.
(d) She talks to Master Osman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the murderer?
2. How does Butterfly answer the question?
3. What was the second story that the murderer told about?
4. Why can't Black and the dwarf share Osman's joy about the books they are examining?
5. Why is Shekure in an awkward situation?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)