|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enishte describe Master Osman?
(a) Blind and deaf.
(b) Blind and senile.
(c) Senile and dumb.
(d) Deaf and dumb.
2. What does Shevket bring back to Black?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A new letter from Shekure.
(c) An illustration that Shekure completed.
(d) A blank perfumed paper.
3. What does Enishte ask Black to investigate?
(a) Shekure's husband's whereabouts.
(b) Elegant's disappearance.
(c) What happened to Orhan.
(d) How he can increase his profits.
4. What do Enishte and Shekure discuss after Black leaves?
(a) Whether he will find Elegant's murderer.
(b) How good of an writer Black is.
(c) The Sultan's secret book.
(d) Whether he would make a good husband.
5. Who ends up delivering the letter to Black?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Black returns from the funeral?
2. Where does Shekure drag her father's body?
3. What do Black and Master Osman find when they examine the horses drawn for the contest?
4. How does the Head Treasurer feel about Black's story?
5. What does Enishte say that no art is?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)